body kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Banned
Default Re: body kits?

FireEngineer , thanks for the link. I am taking the plunge next weekend and starting the project. I ordered the body kit needed, new rims, shaved door handle kit, and other accesories. They are due in this next week, so I'll take the parts to the body shop and have Jorge start on the installations.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Banned

sounds Awsome cant wait to hear how it goes!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Banned

Neither can I. I can't hardly wait!!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Engineering first

Hi,

Originally Posted by bparsons
FireEngineer , thanks for the link. I am taking the plunge next weekend and starting the project. I ordered the body kit needed, new rims, shaved door handle kit, and other accesories. They are due in this next week, so I'll take the parts to the body shop and have Jorge start on the installations.
Before the modifications are installed, please 'benchmark' your vehicle performance. This means finding a relatively flat section of road, say 3-5 miles long, that you can hold a constant speed with cruise control.

The test protocol should be: get up to speed; the cruise control; reset the MPG; and measure the MPG at the end of the run BEFORE you reduce speed to turn around. Try to make at least six runs, at least three runs each direction, at the same speed. This will make sure no single run causes a problem with the results. After the modifications, go to the same stretch and repeat the same tests. This will give us a good data point on how effective the modifications were. Try to note wind and temperature conditions. The test run speeds should be constant and greater than 45 mph.

In a perfect world, we would do one change and run the tests. However, listing all of the changes and test results would be good enough.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

ps. How I've been doing it:

http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/prius/

Last edited by bwilson4web; 01-20-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Hi,

Before the modifications are installed, please 'benchmark' your vehicle performance. This means finding a relatively flat section of road, say 3-5 miles long, that you can hold a constant speed with cruise control.

The test protocol should be: get up to speed; reset the cruise control; and measure the MPG at the end of the run BEFORE you reduce speed to turn around. Try to make at least six runs, at least three runs each direction, at the same speed. This will make sure no single run causes a problem with the results. After the modifications, go to the same stretch and repeat the same tests. This will give us a good data point on how effective the modifications were. Try to note wind and temperature conditions. The test run speeds should be constant and greater than 45 mph.

In a perfect world, we would do one change and run the tests. However, listing all of the changes and test results would be good enough.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

ps. How I've been doing it:

http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/prius/
Thanks, I couldn't believe that I missed that.
I going to run my tests tonight and write the results down in my notebook for later comparison.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Shame on you Bob!