How roomy is the Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How roomy is the Prius?

Yeah, actually I sat in an '06 HCH today. Still pretty cramped. The Accord was manageable...

You what I actually fit in the best? An H2! If only the Hydrogen H2 got more than 60 miles to the tank!

Old 10-07-2005, 06:51 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Have you sat in a 2006 Civic Sedan? It's exactly the same as the 2006 HCH will be in terms of the interior, besides minor changes to the instruments.
Yes, actually we made two stops last night. Honda dealer first, Toyota second. We sat in and drove the '06 Civic Sedan and its 37.4" rear headroom (compared to Prius 37.1) makes a diffrent for me personally. I need to take my 16 year old son (who is a few inches taller them me and still growing) back with me to sit in both the Prius and Civic

Originally Posted by gearmike
Well, I finally had a chance to sit in a Prius. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way I could make it work. Maybe if I moved the seat rails back 6-8 inches, but as it comes from the factory my knee was always touching the "shift lever" thingy. And could barely get me knees under the wheel.
The Toyota dealer told me a seat height adjustment on the Prius is a consistantly mentioned suggestion, and thinks it may be added in future (possibly '07). The '06 Civic has a nice jack-up / jack-down driver seat adjustment. Very big feature for my family, as wife is 5', I am 5'10" and son will probibly be 6'+

Old 10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast

I'm 6'4" and 220. The Prius fits me great. I have had to make decisions based upon legroom, or more often, headroom, on every vehicle I have ever owned. If the steering wheel will not raise up, or the roof is too low, or the seat won't go back far enough, these are all determining factors.
I did have to adjust the way I get into the car, though. It is a bit of a fit getting in, but once I am past the steering column it is smooth sailing.
The one feature I love is the speedometer up in the front near the windshield. It is the first car I have ever owned where I didn't have to strain my neck to look at it. Usually from my vantage point, the steering wheel is directly in front of the dials...

Old 01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneytrain8
Ok,

I am 6'6" as well... And I bought a Prius last Saturday. It's surprisingly roomy inside, and I do not feel cramped, crowded or uncomfortable in any way. In fact, I traded in a Saturn Vue (SUV) for this car, and I feel more comfortable in the Prius than I did in the Vue.

The headroom is fine (If I had 3 inches with the Vue, I've got 2 inches with the Prius, so no problem there), and while the hiproom is a little less, the lack of a large center console makes it more comfortable on my legs.

I can't guarantee you'll be comfortable (I've got a 34" inseam, so while my legs are a little longer than usual, I know some people who are 6'6" and are all legs. It all depends on which half of your body - if either - is taller than the other), but I'd concur with the others and say put down the deposit, wait your couple weeks, and try it out. We took ours out for a good half-hour or so test drive (not the little 3 minute two mile loop most dealers do). And my wife (normal height) and I were fine in it... and if you don't like it, you just tell them that and you get your money back and are on your way. They don't need to keep your money because by the time you and your current car drive off the lot, they have the next person coming in to buy the Prius you reserved.

Good luck.
I am 6'3" as well as 275lbs... And I bought a Prius in 04'. It's surprisingly roomy inside, and I do not feel cramped, crowded or uncomfortable in any way. In fact, I traded in a F-150 for this car, and I feel more comfortable in the Prius than I did in the F-150.

The headroom is fine (If I had 4 inches with the F-150, I've got 3 inches with the Prius, so no problem there), and while the hiproom is a little less, the lack of a large center console makes it more comfortable on my legs just slide the seat back drop the seat back back 1 click nice and comfy and the knee does not even touch the shifter.

This is true, I watched the delivery truck pull in they pulled off 4 Prius's and the dealer was putting the sold stickers on them drove by the next dat and they where all gone..

Old 01-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Have you tried the FEH? If you don't need AWD (as you apparently don't, since you were considering a Prius), you can get pretty good mileage (35, maybe 40? I know some do better... I get 32 regularly in my AWD in the summer), and it is a comfy ride for a big guy - my hubby's 6'2" and 220, his brother is about 6'1" and maybe 250, and they both drive Escapes and have plenty of leg and head room. Even the back seats aren't bad. And there is plenty of cargo room, too. It's a full hybrid, unlike the HAH.

My hub is a bit cramped in the Prius; he was noticing his head scraping the roof in the back seat, and he can't really get the seat back far enough for his legs to be truly comfy in the front passenger seat. (I've only let him drive it once, and I forgot to ask what he thought of the controls, etc.).

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands