Husband is 6'8". Will he fit in a Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Default Re: Husband is 6'8". Will he fit in a Prius?

If not, there is plenty of head and leg room in the TCH.

My brother wears his cowboy hat in mine!... and his boots.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast

Jenniferg-
I'd love to know what you find out- my husband is also 6'8" and if Toyota will let you move the seat back with out voiding anything that would be awesome!!!
I would have bought it on the spot, but when he sat in the drivers seat it was a joke. He would rarely to never be driving the car, but in the rare event that he needed to, it would be impossible with the current seat placement... can't wait to hear!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

I am 6'4" and love my Prius around town. However, on trips more than 3 hours, comfort suffers since I cannot fully extend my legs.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

I am 6'2'', and found the prius to be way more comfy than the camry, then factor in the backseat....Camry backseat is a joke, no way i can fit with an adult in front, prius however has a huge legroom edge in back. Somehow I found the whole car to be strangley alot more comfy than the camry or civic.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jenniferg
I've gotten serious about trading up to some kind of hybrid. I'd like to consider a Prius but my husband is 6'8". Will he fit? Any tall people out there driving one? How tall are you?

Thanks! Jen
I am 6'8" with size 16 feet. It is tight - but I fit - Long trips are a bit tiring. Need to take stretch breaks every hour or two. I have a 65mile one-way commute. So I spend a lot of time in the Prius. It has a good ride and headroom is better than leg room. My son is 6'6" but has much longer legs and finds it too tight.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrgreen
get one with a moon roof so he can stick his head out

auto insurance
Moon roof is not available on the Prius.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Interesting...

When we did the first test drive on the Prius, I was in the BACK seat, and it was an amazingly good fit (I'm only 6-7, though.)

Front seats - no problems at all - it's most comfortable "smaller car" long trip car we've ever had.

Meanwhile, I had ordered up a new Civic Hybrid (I can't remember - I think it was the 06 - the first year of the "new" body style.)

It took me about 2 miles of driving to call that one a NO for the drivers seat: I kept whacking my right kneecap on the emergency brake handle and figured I'd be mostly lame before I got the thing into positive equity.

I bought a new Accord Hybrid instead. That fit like an .... Accord.

Originally Posted by rickallen
I'm 6'4" and I tried as hard as I could to fit in the Prius. I have somewhat longer legs proportionally and both of my knees were right on the dash with the chair back as far as it could go. If the driver's seat was able to move back some and be lowered I would be driving a Prius. The Civic Hybrid fit the bill (at least in the driver's seat) and the seat itself is much more comfortable.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Husband is 6'8". Will he fit in a Prius?

my company has developed seat extender brackets for the GEN 2 Prius. for more information please visit www.extendmyseat.com

The simple installation enable you to move your seat back 4" in 30 minutes with no cutting, welding etc....

Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Husband is 6'8". Will he fit in a Prius?

My 6' 8" Colleague owns a prius and drives it for work 60+ miles daily. I've also heard a government employee in Mass could not drive a prius because he was uncomfortable (also 6' 8") I would think it depends on what makes you 6' 8", long legs or long torso.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast

I'm 5'11 I wouldn't expect someone much taller to have an easy time loading into a Prius.

Quick Reply: Husband is 6'8". Will he fit in a Prius?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands