I need some bump!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: I need some bump!

You know, it sounds like you' all need some sort of massaging car seat 'for long distances.' Yea, like the ones in the airports. Massaging car seat, with different 'patterns' and 'levels.' <grins>

On a serious note, I am going to look again at salvage, electric seats for my Prius. On the trip to Lexington/Georgetown KY, my breaks were mostly stretching and bathroom. I'm not ready to go with 'indoor plumbing' but comfy seats can reduce fatigue and keep the driver alert.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
You know, it sounds like you' all need some sort of massaging car seat 'for long distances.' Yea, like the ones in the airports. Massaging car seat, with different 'patterns' and 'levels.' <grins>

On a serious note, I am going to look again at salvage, electric seats for my Prius. On the trip to Lexington/Georgetown KY, my breaks were mostly stretching and bathroom. I'm not ready to go with 'indoor plumbing' but comfy seats can reduce fatigue and keep the driver alert.

Bob Wilson
Bob, I'm glad you mentioned that! In my brief tour of duty with this car, the seats are on my short list of complaints. Please keep us posted if you find an acceptable alternative!

Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bwilson4web

Bob Wilson
I drove mine from Dayton to Lebanon KY this past weekend. Little cramped on the long trip, but great on fuel

Old 01-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by No Gas Man
First let me say, (And I've had some experience with this) that no stereo system will ever get you in with ANY females.

Second, this then becomes a matter of physics. Larger diameter subwoofers will produce greater volumes, so go as large as will fit. My guess is that you will have enough air space for a pair of 12" subwoofers.

Third, you need power. Find the largest amplifier that you can afford, and install it using heavy guage cable to supply juice.

actualy my x boyfriend put 2 10 inch in my civic and i was getting looks from woman ... even tho im not very much in to the female market.