Jay Wolfe Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Jay Wolfe Toyota on Manchester Road in St Louis Missouri can get a Prius in... 2-3 months

Lou Fusz Toyota on the same road can get in in... 24 months

um the catch is, Jay Wolfe charges 2000 over MSRP

Old 04-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Enthusiast

Is Lou Fusz really up to 24 months? They were only at 10 in January.

Flare - my dealer I got the prius from has now a 6 - 8 month wait (Alton Toyota-Dodge). I don't know if you're going to get a short wait anywhere in the metro area any more, back when I called around in January everyone (but Alton) had a 6 month wait at least.

Did you try calling Colombia (Joe Machens) or places in Arkansas or Kansas?

I wouldn't go with Jay Wolfe - I've heard they're the only dealer in the area charging > MSRP.

Are you on any lists? Have you called outside the metro area?

Old 05-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Enthusiast

My boss just bought a Prius from Wolf, with a one week wait and a $2000 upcharge. I have one ordered from Feld with a September delivery expected. Wolf told my boss that "everyone" in the St. Louis area upcharges, even though Feld is swearing they do not. I think Wolf is just trying to make the upcharge more acceptable by saying that all of the other dealers are going to upcharge anyway, so why not just do it now and get your car now.

Old 05-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Enthusiast

I'm glad to say my dealer didn't upcharge - and the funny thing is that when I did call around to a lot of area dealers I'd ask them if they were selling the cars at MSRP. A lot of them commented that they weren't and heard Jay Wolfe was.

All I can vouch for though is Alton since I haven't purchased any where else. I was paranoid the whole time I'd get an unexpected charge put on the toyota (my paranoia probably showed), but the sale went smoothly! I couldn't be happier.

It's sad that Jay Wolfe is saying everyone else upcharges just so they can get away with it with some unsuspecting consumer. I will never buy a car from them, and if anyone I knows mentions them, I'll persuade them not to either.

Old 05-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

I agree, I will never deal with someone charging more than msrp. I realize that charging what the market will bear is their right, I just do not like that kind of attitude. If they were not making profit on the Prius, maybe I would feel differently. While I like the Prius, it is not a car I am interested in getting gouged to own.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, at Lou Fusz it was 18 months in April, now its 24 months