Just got new Prius! A few technical questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Just got new Prius! A few technical questions...

we just got our new one yesterday and are trying to get acclimated to it. the gadgets are fun, but have been frustrating. does anyone know how the ipod or aux audio works? i see there is a connection in the middle console, but what kind of adapter do we need to buy to hook up an ipod? also, i am having trouble getting the car to recognize my handset for bluetooth functionality. my handset recognizes the car, but not vice versa. thanks!

Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just got new Prius! A few technical questions...

hey! welcome to GreenHybrid and congrats on your new car!

You need a 3.5mm male-male wire for the AUX Input. This works with any mp3 player including the iPod. Just note that if you use this method, you can't control the iPod via the car's stereo buttons. If you wanna change the tracks and such, you change it using the iPod buttons.

Secondly, check on toyota's webpage to see if your phone is compatible.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Just got new Prius! A few technical questions...

Indeed, welcome to the CLUB!

My older 2003 Prius doesn't have these features but I had no doubt some of our NHW20 Prius owners would have the answers. But beyond the tunes and bluetooth, you are in for a treat.

BTW, don't worry about recording the dealer tank but you might want to start recording your mileage in the database. That has been one of the best guides to what works and doesn't work with our hybrids.

Feel free to read over the FAQ. I've tried to collect the 'lessons learned' from everyone who has posted a clue or trick.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson