My Screen Is Gone! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default My Screen Is Gone! Help!

Ok so i turned it off through the "Screen off" command on my 05 prius to clean it. used VERY little water and a towel. normally to turn it off you just hit a button and it comes back. it does HOWEVER, once you don't touch the screen for about 5 seconds or 10 seconds it just turns off. if you touch any of the function buttons on the radio or the steering wheel that little section at the top comes up showing the adjustment, HOWEVER, the main part doesn't come up anymore.

did i break something?

Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My Screen Is Gone! Help!

Originally Posted by jjryan
Ok so i turned it off through the "Screen off" command on my 05 prius to clean it. used VERY little water and a towel. normally to turn it off you just hit a button and it comes back. it does HOWEVER, once you don't touch the screen for about 5 seconds or 10 seconds it just turns off. if you touch any of the function buttons on the radio or the steering wheel that little section at the top comes up showing the adjustment, HOWEVER, the main part doesn't come up anymore.

did i break something?
GOT IT...Found a handy site with some info. Here it is in case anyone else has this problem too.

first press INFO, then Trip Info. There's a preference setting that causes the screen to return to it's former state a few seconds after using audio or climate screens... since the former state was "off" that's what you got.