Outline for FAQ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Outline for FAQ?

If you like, feel free to use the Toyota Prius discussion page at the eaa-phev site:
http://www.eaa-phev.org/index.php?ti...k:Toyota_Prius
Can't edit the main page without an account, but the talk page should allow anonymous edits, and it's empty at the moment, so feel free...

Been meening to interject and find out the level of interest in plugging in over here at green hybrids anyway.

L8r
Ryan

Last edited by Dolio; 04-01-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Dolio
If you like, feel free to use the Toyota Prius discussion page at the eaa-phev site:
http://www.eaa-phev.org/index.php?ti...k:Toyota_Prius
Can't edit the main page without an account, but the talk page should allow anonymous edits, and it's empty at the moment, so feel free...
Thanks. Once it is ready, we'll probably keep it here where new folks can easily find it.

Been meening to interject and find out the level of interest in plugging in over here at green hybrids anyway.
I can't speak for others but I'm more interested in completing my current studies. My goal is to optimize current performance before looking at plug-in. In fact, my first project was reverse plug-in, emergency house power from my Prius.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Thanks. Once it is ready, we'll probably keep it here where new folks can easily find it.
Of course, just offering the wiki space...
I've gone ahead and coppied the first draft here if you care ro use it.
http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Talk:To...Q_.5BV00.02.5D
Originally Posted by bwilson4web
I can't speak for others but I'm more interested in completing my current studies. My goal is to optimize current performance before looking at plug-in. In fact, my first project was reverse plug-in, emergency house power from my Prius.
Is yours related to the priups project? I've got a mind towards bi-directionality aswell, Vehicle-to-Grid is the ultimate BEV/PHEV fuel interface. We're a ways off but it can be/had been done.

Last edited by Dolio; 04-01-2006 at 06:04 PM. Reason: sig fixing..
Old 04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Outline for FAQ?

Hi,
Of course, just offering the wiki space...
I've gone ahead and coppied the first draft here if you care ro use it.
http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Talk:To...Q_.5BV00.02.5D
Now I'm embarressed. I was going to spell check and clean-up the current version based upon some e-mailed comments this weekend. I appreciate the assistance but Greenhybrid.com is my first home for this FAQ. I came because of the mileage database.

Is yours related to the priups project? I've got a mind towards bi-directionality aswell, Vehicle-to-Grid is the ultimate BEV/PHEV fuel interface. We're a ways off but it can be/had been done.
That is Richard's project and he took a different approach based upon using an existing, high-powered UPS. He brings his traction battery power into the house to power the UPS.

My more modest approach uses the existing 12 VDC circuit which in the NHW11 is limited to 1 kw. This is enough power to handle lights, fans and the house gas heater. It is better than cursing the darkness or trying to live on D cells. The Prius control laws lets it automaticly shut down the ICE and restart it as needed to keep the 12 VDC circuit operating for up to 44 hours at full power.

My next approach will be to modify the MG2 power circuit but that is another project after I optimize my NHW11 commuting performance.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Engineering first

My thanks to George Waters and Jerry Jorgenson whose emailed comments improved the final version. Also, thanks to all who figured out these neat Prius tricks before I got mine. Editing in their good work, often unsung, made this beginners FAQ possible.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

When I wrote the FEH FAQ, I was persuaded to submit it as an article. (I had the same idea, a FAQ for each vehicle) After it was submitted there, I couldn't convince them to sticky it, Jason didn't want to split the information.

I suggest that once you get the FAQ ready, submit it as a Learn Article (And get paid to boot), and then we can have a sticky link to the FAQ in the forum. (Speaking of which...)