Potential Prius buyer needs some advice on driver seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Dan
MPG Centurion
Default Re: Potential Prius buyer needs some advice on driver seat comfort

Originally Posted by clostridium
The big problem is that stupid front seat. I can't figure out exactly why Toyota hasn't put a more adjustable seat in the Prius. I read reviews from 2004 that listed that as an issue. It would be nice to have not only a height adjustment but also a tilt so I can raise the front of the seat. I am 6' and have long legs so even with the seat all the way back I find that my legs, the right one in particular, are not well supported and that gets uncomfortable on anything trip longer than 15 minutes.
My shape didn't fit in the stock Prius either, but much to my surprise, in Texas, they have the option to replace the seats. It's actually there "leather" package, but it's put on after customs at the port instead of the factory in Japan. The difference is they put 1" gel packs in the seats before they cover them with leather.

I tried factory leather, and port leather, and the difference was amazing! <Edit: Liquicell > seats are the way to go. Ask your dealer if he can call the Gulf State Toyota (GSToyota.com) distributor or if they have something similar.

Originally Posted by ilene
In the 141 miles I have driven my Prius, I am getting 36 mpg.
Originally Posted by Earthling
There's a problem there: the lowest I've ever gotten is just shy of 44 mpg, and I live in a much colder climate.
I wouldn't be overly concerned until you get your first oil change. My first 20 miles were at 15 mpg, first couple of tanks were in the 40's. Now I'm in the 60's, but I drive funky, so that's not real reproducible. Point is anything goes for the first 3k until break-in is done.

Last edited by Dan; 03-20-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Dan
MPG Centurion
Default Re: Potential Prius buyer needs some advice on driver seat comfort

Changed my post to correct it. I originally called them Liquigel seats, but they are in fact, Liquicell. Sorry guys.