Prius I Vs. Prius II

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Prius I Vs. Prius II

Ok, so I am not new to the Prius in general. I just recently purchased one and have found this wonderful site. But I have a general question. How do you know if you have a Prius I or a Prius II??? I am sure this is posted somewhere, but I have searched and cannot find an answer. Help!

Old 02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius I Vs. Prius II

My understanding is Prius I is a Prius made between 2000 and 2003. The 2004 and later models are Prius II. The body style is significantly different between the two, with the Prius II being the rounder body style. Also, Prius II has the results of a few years of improvements in the batteries and Hybrid Synergy Drive

Old 02-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by ATBound-NC
Ok, so I am not new to the Prius in general. I just recently purchased one and have found this wonderful site. But I have a general question. How do you know if you have a Prius I or a Prius II??? I am sure this is posted somewhere, but I have searched and cannot find an answer. Help!
Check the Wiki site for "Prius" but here have been three models:
  • NHW10 - first generation officially sold only in Japan
  • NHW11 - second generation, first sold overseas, we call Prius I
  • NHW20 - third generation, currently sold worldwide, we call Prius II
The model number is also stamped on the firewall in the engine compartment just before the VIN number.

Bob Wilson

Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you both for your help. I figured it had to do with the generation (year) but wanted to make sure it didn't have to do with having 2 car options, like "sport" and "sedan".

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands