Rattle in upper Dashboard Panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default Rattle in upper Dashboard Panel

My 04 Prius has developed an annoying rattle in the upper dashboard panel (the one-piece panel that covers the monitor, extends up to the windshield, etc.). The rattle appears to be sourced in the small "shelf" that overhangs the speedo, fuel, warning light LED panel. My question has two parts:
1) There appear to be some clips on the speedo panel that (are supposed to) attach the "shelf" to the LED panel -- is this true? If so, then some appear to have failed; the "shelf" flops on the glass and causes the rattle.
2) Must I remove the entire dashboard to remove this panel? (I have a copy of Chris Dragon's Installation guide, but it seems to focus on the Stereo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will remove the entire dash if I must -- I hate rattles, and the 40 psi in the tires only makes it worse.