Speeding Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Speeding Ticket!

I got a speeding ticket in Colorado Springs last year. Someone at court changed the offense to a non-speeding offense that wouldn't affect my insurance, but charged me $200. To me, twas something of a scam but who's gonna argue and potentially get a bigger fine and a nice insurance increase?

Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Banned
Default Observation and Confession

I probably averaged a speeding ticket a year until getting an Insight in 2000. I went over five years without getting a speeding ticket. Got one this summer on a vacation trip.

The desire to get better fuel economy and not wanting to put too much of a strain on the hybrid batteries has made me less prone to speeding....

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 01-04-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree, I turn into a different driver once inside the HCH. Chances of me getting a ticket are near zero. Except for long trips. I have this magic 2 hour limit. After that, the gloves are off and I'm speeding with the best of them.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
MPG Tweaker

Originally Posted by jjryan
Ok fellow prius owners need your help. I'm 23 and just got my first ticket. I was going 50 on a highly traveled 4 lane road. It's 35. Two cars in front of me were also going 50. Long story short I have a court date now. What should I do? I don't want this ticket on my record.
You probably, soon, have to mail in your ticket with your response. You will want to check the "not guilty" box so that you can go to court. If you try to convince the judge that everyone else was also speeding, likely he/she will just say, "But YOU were the one that were caught."

Old 01-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Banned

Great introduction JayTheHun!

Since we don't know you, I guess you teach Defensive Driving classes - right.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:08 AM
MPG Tweaker

Hehehe, forgot about deferred sentencing. "Back in my day..." we were never offered such things. I think the judges liked slapping teenagers around back then.

Howdy, all, from Monroe, WA.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:09 AM
MPG Tweaker
Default Re: Observation and Confession

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I probably averaged a speeding ticket a year until getting an Insight in 2000. I went over five years without getting a speeding ticket. Got one this summer on a vacation trip.

The desire to get better fuel economy and not wanting to put too much of a strain on the hybrid batteries has made me less prone to speeding....

I haven't gotten speeding tickets in recent years. But, my trusty Prius has sure slowed me down.

Last edited by JayTheHun; 01-21-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Banned

Just saying most of us start out getting tickets, then get a better record.