What did you pay for your Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

i paid 500 under msrp when i bought mine. just walked into the dealership and they had one sitting there back in december. walked out with it two days later after doing the test drive.

i didn't see a savings though from the car and traded it in and got what i paid for it in trade in value and bought a 06 mustang convertible. i lose about 20 bucks a month in gas with the new car but the car is less pricey since i got it for around 22k and financed about 3k less.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast

Just bought new yesterday...

2006 Package #3 in White, MSRP ($23,966) from Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA.

They actually found me the car quite quickly (I think I called right around allocation time), time from initial call to car in my possession was 10 days - a near impossibility in Southern CA, especially from a dealer not marking them up - $2-3k over sticker is average... but you get chrome wheels or some crap like that!

A couple other CA dealers not marking up (you wait longer though):

Power, Irvine
I-10, Indio
Hi-Desert, Victorville (had a Package #1 (!) on the lot when I called 10d ago)

Ones that are:

South Coast, Costa Mesa ($4000!!!)
Temecula ($500 non-ref to get on list, then STILL $2000+ markup)
Tustin ($3000)

Last edited by SCDrJ; 06-18-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased my 2006 pkg 8 with extended warranty and prepaid repair package. Normally would not purchase extended warranty, but with this car and its new technology, I decided to spring for it. I purchased at MSRP including all applicable taxes at just about 29,900 not including extended warranties. I ordered mine through Walnut Creek Toyota so avoided dealer markup, and got mine in ten days --- did not specify a color so got mine quicker. Package 8 includes nav system, backup camera, bluetooth, remote key system, leather and a few other extras. Very happy with it.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

I paid MSRP + $50 auto broker fees + $168 license fees + $50 doc fees for a package 8 Barcelona red with a couple factory added accessories (floor mats, first aid kit, and cargo netting)

It took a month and the broker found me the car. The dealership was pissed I went through a broker instead of using them directly. The sales manager gave me this long story about how I missed out on the purchase experience of having my car in the showroom and that I may not get full dealer purchased benefits, bullshit. I told them that I just went through who could get me the car I wanted the fastest. Ultimately, getting to avoid the finance wrangling and any smarminess in the showroom was worth the $50 premium.

I used Bob Lee who has been mentioned a few times before and recommend him as a pretty straight shooter.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:54 AM
I bought a Prius YIPEE

I just bought a 2006 from Wilde Toyota in WI. Has package 1, (I am a Wilma Flinstone, no need for extra gadgets). I paid MSRP, but had a 6 week wait. Well worth it. All dealers in the Milwaukee area asking MSRP.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I bought Prius II theweek before last. It is golden color, package 4 - include VSC, bac camera, etc. My drive out was 26k .. (that includes everything from the MSRP, sales taxes, title, license, broker fees, the floor mats that the dealer threw in .. etc).

What do you think of this price? Did I get an OK deal?

I was inquiring at anotehr Toyota dealer, and they were insisting on throwing in a lot of more stuff in the car and charging me for it ..

Anyone else bought the 'HG' package .. how much did you guys pay for it .. drive-out?

Old 06-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: What did you pay for your Prius?

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
I paid MSRP + $50 auto broker fees + $168 license fees + $50 doc fees for a package 8 Barcelona red with a couple factory added accessories (floor mats, first aid kit, and cargo netting)
As for the license fees, not sure if it works nationwide, but in many states you can simply pay to transfer the tag from your trade-in (if you had one) to the new car. You have to wait until the title comes to you in the mail, but instead of just over $200, I'll only have to pay $24 in GA. Check your local Tax Commissioner Motor Vehicle office.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Enthusiast

I looked into plate transfer (thanks uwaku) and for my state it would be quite a savings.
To transfer your plates to a different vehicle:
  • Plates must be transferred to the same type of vehicle to which they were originally issued; for example, plates that were on a passenger vehicle may be transferred to another passenger vehicle, but not to a motor home.
  • Plates must be of current issue or specialty background or customized license plates.
  • Plates must be legible for identification purposes.

The fee for plate transfer is $6. Renewing the registration is an additional fee.

Last edited by Mr Bean; 06-21-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

In Australia, the on-road cost (car, stampduty/tax, registration and dealer delivery) costs roughly AUD$51,000 for the Prius iTech model.

The base Prius is around AUD$41,000 on-road.

Converted to USD$37,712 and $30,317

From what I've seen, I think it's a little bit cheaper in the States to buy a Prius?

Cheers,
Kent

Old 06-21-2006, 04:25 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Kamsmart-exactly the same-25,994 OTD

Kamsmart-I paid exactly the same $$ you did-about 6 weeks ago in Metairie,La(New Orleans 'burb.) It is a PK4.
I bargained,and agreed , to pay $26000 OTD, but they goofed working the math back, and sent me a $6 refund from the $26000 I gave them.
Taxes here are high-8.75%. My actual price-pre tax-was $23750 or so.Luck,Charlie

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Prius?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands