Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Can somebody clean up.... (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/can-somebody-clean-up-14382/)

BigCatDaddy 07-10-2007 12:28 PM

Can somebody clean up....

lewisj2133, id#5188, in the database? His 268 mpg is just a little far-fetched and really skews the whole thing. Thanx!!!

OurGL 07-11-2007 03:43 PM

Re: Can somebody clean up....

Also true for nedthelab and the 43.9 claim by display. Someone needs to calibrate their scanguage

BigCatDaddy 07-12-2007 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by OurGL (Post 133633)
Also true for nedthelab and the 43.9 claim by display. Someone needs to calibrate their scanguage

True, true!!
Speaking of calibrating a ScanGuage, I've got one on order and it should be here the first part of next week. I've downloaded the manual, but it doesn't really give me much detail about getting everything tweaked. I'll probably be looking for a little help when I get it installed, stay tuned!!

RicksVue 07-22-2007 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 133754)
True, true!!
Speaking of calibrating a ScanGuage, I've got one on order and it should be here the first part of next week. I've downloaded the manual, but it doesn't really give me much detail about getting everything tweaked. I'll probably be looking for a little help when I get it installed, stay tuned!!

I'm finding the scanguage to be either optimistic or pessimistic depending on the type of travel you're doing. Short hops it's pretty pessimistic; for highway mileage it's optimistic. I've settled on a calibration adjustment that's mostly correct for my average drive and gave up on trying to calibrate it.

The accuracy problem is with the car's engine control module, not the scanguage.