Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Can somebody clean up....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Can somebody clean up....

lewisj2133, id#5188, in the database? His 268 mpg is just a little far-fetched and really skews the whole thing. Thanx!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Can somebody clean up....

Also true for nedthelab and the 43.9 claim by display. Someone needs to calibrate their scanguage

Old 07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OurGL
Also true for nedthelab and the 43.9 claim by display. Someone needs to calibrate their scanguage
True, true!!
Speaking of calibrating a ScanGuage, I've got one on order and it should be here the first part of next week. I've downloaded the manual, but it doesn't really give me much detail about getting everything tweaked. I'll probably be looking for a little help when I get it installed, stay tuned!!

Old 07-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Saturn Cult Member

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy
True, true!!
Speaking of calibrating a ScanGuage, I've got one on order and it should be here the first part of next week. I've downloaded the manual, but it doesn't really give me much detail about getting everything tweaked. I'll probably be looking for a little help when I get it installed, stay tuned!!
I'm finding the scanguage to be either optimistic or pessimistic depending on the type of travel you're doing. Short hops it's pretty pessimistic; for highway mileage it's optimistic. I've settled on a calibration adjustment that's mostly correct for my average drive and gave up on trying to calibrate it.

The accuracy problem is with the car's engine control module, not the scanguage.