Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

question on post sigs??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default question on post sigs??

I have gotten requests for pics etc of my aftermarket in-dash NAV installation from posters here so I thought it might be helpful to add a clickable link to my NAV pictures/mods as a signature.

I can't seem to get it to show up as a sig however, can somebody point out what I might be doing wrong??

I put the URL http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/inbox in the sig box & saved it in my profile, but it doesn't show up at all. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing (it wouldn't be the first time.........)

TIA,
~John

Old 06-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: question on post sigs??

Shows up now - and seems to work.

I don't have a sig on mine yet so this is a guess, but is it possible you can't see your own signatures on your own postings?

Last edited by chesterakl; 06-13-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

By the way - where'd you get that Homelink add-on unit? Did you install that yourself?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by chesterakl
By the way - where'd you get that Homelink add-on unit? Did you install that yourself?
I see the link mysteriously started to work, I don't know why as I didn't change a thing.

I work in the IT dept of a local car dealer & I took the Homelink unit out of a used car we took in trade. Yes, I installed it -they are simple to install (+ I used to be a mechanic). All that is required to install it is to connect a 12v power wire & a ground, & program it with an existing remote.

I think I may have one or two extra HL units kicking around, email me if you want one & I will send it to you (no charge). I sent one to somebody off this site last week, but I had a few different styles kicking around & you may be able to use one of the ones I have left.

jmorton10@myrealbox.com

~John

Old 06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Site Founder

An image should work if you wrap it in [img] tags.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
An image should work if you wrap it in [img] tags.

I know that, I wasn't trying to get an image to work just a hyperlink & it works fine now.

~John