08 FEH in an accident - Can it be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 FEH in an accident - Can it be fixed?

Actually, Mine does cover replacement cost.. so that is not an issue.
I also found out they take possession of the old one and sell it for parts.

To be honest I don't care, I just want a working FEH... I'll let them do the leg work and find me a replacement...

Old 12-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Enthusiast

Well first off.. Thanks to everyone who responded to my thread.

This is an amazing community, and if my Insurance company does right by me, I'll remain a member.. :-) (Sorry.. I mean contributing member..)

Now for a quick update...
The insurance company has officially written-off the FEH. Now we wait for their settlement offer. I made it very clear we want another FEH.. So they will take that in to account...

I'm heading to the towing compound this afternoon to pull our plates and belongings from the truck. I'll take some pic's and post them for anyone who is interested to see.

Cheers.
Dean

Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: 08 FEH in an accident - Can it be fixed?

Originally Posted by Muad-dib
.... cut for looks...

I'm heading to the towing compound this afternoon to pull our plates and belongings from the truck. I'll take some pic's and post them for anyone who is interested to see.

Cheers.
Dean
I'm just glad everyone is okay... this is why I got my FEH. Well one of the many....

Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Any updates? Did the insurance co find a replacement? To late now I suppose, but I'd be tempted to take 1 wheel for a full sized spare

Old 01-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

Hey 08hybridok,
Actually the insurance company used an auto-locator service to find us 3 replacements. The problem was that while the insurance company paid out the MSRP (invoice price) of the previous one, the new ones were priced between $5,000 and $9,000 more. We could not justify that additional layout of cash. So we opted to go with an 09 model of the Regular Gas 4 Cyl 4X4 version. doing that saved us between $15K and $20K. We actually ended up with a little cash in our pocket, and saved over $7k in interest payments because the new vehicle had 0% financing. The FEH would have been 6.9%.

The car companies have really got to do something about this price inequality if they want to actually sell the cars...

As for parts... We had to sign the damaged one over to the insurance company. And they sold it for scrap/parts. I want to get the cargo cover out of the old one, but they moved it to fast once it was officially written off.. they were paying high storage charges at the impound, so wanted it out of their as fast as possible.

We still want a hybrid, but it will most likely be a couple of years now before we look for another vehicle.

Cheers
Dean