Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

This link: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/ford...5/options.html

reveals the 2008 FEH can have the Engine Block Heater installed. It is a MSRP of $35.00! It is unlikely this would include the wiring to the hybrid battery. There was a thread on this topic in this website last year and no one determined if and why Ford no longer had a wire going to the hybrid battery. See what your local dealer tells you.
$35$30

Old 09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

Hi i have 2008 FWD hybrid model and I have the block heater and the battery warmer too because I saw the wire and it is connected
I'M from CANADA

Old 09-10-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 08MMHybridHappy
I have a "Job 2" 2008 with the steering wheel audio controls. My purchase was made in Boston, MA April 25th. I wen out and pulled the rear seat down and lifted up the rug and found mine was missing the harness and wire o the hybrid battery heater idential to the following picture I copied from above. Hope this helps. Does anyone know if this means that I can or cannot get the an engine block heater (EBH) & battery warmer installed from a dealer?

It may have nothing to do with Job 1 or Job 2 but whether the vehicle was sold in the designated "cold northern weather states".

I believe all of the 2005-07 models had wires from the hybrid battery to the engine compartment where it capped under the coolant bottles on the side firewall. This was true for my vehicle. I purchased the Ford 41H option after I bought my vehicle and the Ford dealership installed this equipment.

I'm assuming the folks with the 2008 and newer models that do not have the wire into the hybrid battery compartment need to have this done. Could this mean additional labor charges for the 41H option?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
I'm assuming the folks with the 2008 and newer models that do not have the wire into the hybrid battery compartment need to have this done. Could this mean additional labor charges for the 41H option?
Not necessarily... you might have to run a wire... but its entirely possible that after having seen the FEH out in the wild long enough they found that the battery heater wasn't necessary and the car starts fine in cold weather despite a cold battery pack... so they deleted it to save a buck.

Obviously that may mean a lower MPG out of the gate with the cold battery, but as far as Ford was concerned it wasn't there for MPG.. It was there to make sure the darn thing would start! Thats all.