C1029 Code and ABS/Skid/Brakes lights on 2010 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 02:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: C1029 Code and ABS/Skid/Brakes lights on 2010 FEH

Originally Posted by daggerNC
No joy. Did the service ABS Bleed routine which completed (as before). Then did step 3 which is another pressure bleed. All four lines/bleeds went very smoothly with no bubbles/air in any of the lines. Then ran the service Multi-Calibration routine, and it is still failing... FORScan DTC run now shows an additional DTC besides the main C1018:46-AB one -- C1014:07-68 which is Brake System Total Balance code, with subcode = Mechanical Failure. WTH is that?? Ran the ABS Self Service routine, and that comes back with no errors. Clear all the DTCs and then as before it comes back up with just the C1018 DTC. Ran the Multi-Calibration again, same failure at around 6% through. So I did ANOTHER power bleed - all went fine. Cleared the DTCs, and it still comes back with the C1018 code. Ran the ABS Service Bleed (successful) followed by the Multi-Calibration routine, and fails at 6 - 7%. Generates the two codes above (C1018 and C1014). Clear them, Reset ABS which is successful, then ABS Service Bleed followed by Multi-Calibration, which continues to fail around 6%. One slightly different brake pedal feel is during the ABS Bleed, before the new Ford Motorcraft master cylinder the brake pedal would travel about 90% but then stop and then it would drop to the floor during the ABS Service routine. Now the pedal virtually goes to the floor/100% travel. After multiple rounds of the above I do feel a bit more pressure in the pedal now.... Does anybody have an FEH and what does your brake pedal do when you step on it without it running?
Good afternoon. Solved the problem with the car? How was it resolved, if so?

I don't know what to do next.....

Old 11-26-2023, 02:52 AM
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=daggerNC;276856]Немає радості. Виконано процедуру видалення ABS, яка завершилася (як і раніше). Потім виконали крок 3, який є ще одним тиском. Усі чотири лінії/протоки пройшли дуже гладко, без бульбашок/повітря в жодній із ліній. Потім запустив процедуру багаторазового калібрування служби, але вона все ще не працює... Запуск FORScan DTC тепер показує додатковий код несправності, крім основного C1018:46-AB -- C1014:07-68, який є кодом загального балансу гальмівної системи, з субкод = Механічна несправність. Що це?? Запустив програму самообслуговування ABS, і вона повернулася без помилок. Очистіть усі коди несправностей, а потім, як і раніше, з’явиться лише код несправності C1018. Знову запустіть мультикалібрування, та сама помилка приблизно на 6%. Тож я зробив ЩЕ РЕЗУЛЬТАТНУ прокачку – все пройшло добре. Очистив DTC, і він все ще повертається з кодом C1018. Виконайте перевірку ABS Service Bleed (успішно) з наступною процедурою Multi-Calibration, і не вдається на 6-7%. Генерує два коди вище (C1018 і C1014). Очистіть їх, скиньте ABS, який є успішним, потім ABS Service Bleed, а потім Multi-Calibration, який продовжує збій приблизно на 6%. Одне дещо інше відчуття від педалі гальма – це під час прокачування ABS, коли перед новим головним циліндром Ford Motorcraft педаль гальма рухалася приблизно на 90%, але потім зупинялася, а потім падала на підлогу під час процедури обслуговування ABS. Тепер педаль практично впирається в підлогу/100% хід. Після кількох раундів вищезазначеного я відчуваю дещо більший тиск на педаль... У когось є FEH і що робить ваша педаль гальма, коли ви натискаєте на неї, коли вона не працює?

Я не знаю, що робити далі.....[/QUOTE
]
Good afternoon. Solved the problem with the car? How was it resolved, if so?

Old 11-26-2023, 05:06 AM
Enthusiast

Good morning Bocmanio - yes, my brakes were resolved! However, I wasn't able to do it myself with my tools so I brought the Escape to a local mechanic who did two or three high pressure brake bleed procedures (he said around 50 psi) and it finally started working. Good luck with yours.

Old 11-26-2023, 05:17 AM
Enthusiast

Good morning Bocmanio - yes, my brakes were resolved! However, I wasn't able to do it myself with my tools so I brought the Escape to a local mechanic who did two or three high pressure brake bleed procedures (he said around 50 psi) and it finally started working. Good luck with yours.
Thank you very much for the information. ie he was feeding brake fluid to the brake master cylinder reservoir at 50 psi and manually pumping the brake fluid without the help of the forscan? It's just that I don't have people who could understand this car, not even the official ford service. hope to get the full procedure from you to adjust your brakes

Old 11-26-2023, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

There is a specific sequence per the Ford shop manual which includes using the proper tools such as pressurized brake bleeding and software (ie., Forscan). They have other OBD based hardware tools that have full access to the vehicle's system processors just like a Ford dealer has that they used. There are other sites that have published the brake bleeding service steps which you should be able to find - I've attached one of the Ford Service Manual documents that I have - hope it helps some.

Attached Files
Old 11-26-2023, 08:45 AM
Enthusiast

There is a specific sequence per the Ford shop manual which includes using the proper tools such as pressurized brake bleeding and software (ie., Forscan). They have other OBD based hardware tools that have full access to the vehicle's system processors just like a Ford dealer has that they used. There are other sites that have published the brake bleeding service steps which you should be able to find - I've attached one of the Ford Service Manual documents that I have - hope it helps some.
i have a 2011 lincoln mkz with the same symptoms as you. tomorrow I will try pumping under pressure. I just didn't understand one thing, do you need to wire with the ignition off? thanks for the help.

Old 11-27-2023, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks, I posted a basic but good tech write up about the system as a backgrounder. Appears that the normally robust hybrid braking system parts are beginning a more frequent failure mode cycle as the vehicles age and accumulate miles. It's a good read.

Old 11-28-2023, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=daggerNC;277699]Існує конкретна послідовність у посібнику з ремонту Ford, яка включає використання відповідних інструментів, таких як прокачка гальм під тиском і програмне забезпечення (наприклад, Forscan). У них є інші апаратні інструменти на базі OBD, які мають повний доступ до системних процесорів автомобіля, як у дилера Ford, яким вони користувалися. Існують інші сайти, які опублікували інструкції з обслуговування гальмівної системи, які ви повинні знайти. Я долучив один із документів Керівництва з обслуговування Ford, який у мене є. Сподіваюся, це комусь допоможе.[/QUOTE
]​

Hello. I did everything according to the instructions, but it didn’t give any results The calibration still doesn’t work. It shows the “check for errors” window. Is there an option to connect me with this wizard? Or maybe you have something else

Old 04-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I saw this code today. I guess my luck ran out. My brakes had worn down very low so I replaced the pads. Everything was fine for a while and then the RF caliper started sticking. It's an old car so I think that maybe the caliper is boned. I bought a new one and installed it. Everything was fine for a while again.

Needless to say, the issue has returned. Got stuck going up a ramp in a parking garage. After some sitting, the caliper releases. In an hour or 2 I go home and everything seems well. No more sticking, brakes feel normal. I never replaced the flexible line so I thought that maybe that is what's going. The hose looks fine, however. The caliper is new.

Wheel cooked real good and the brake went down quite a bit. It was glowing. I want to replace the line and rotors but at this point am wondering if it could be something else.

Like you, when I checked the codes I see C1029. Also brake booster performance low. The RF holds a little bit higher pressure at idle. 12.x vs the 5.8 on the other side. When I brake I get values from 400-800 on all brakes. I think the brakes are on a diagonal. I tested a few times and did really get lower values. Ran the ABS bleed procedure and the pressures are back to normal. The code is so far gone. Question is, will the sticking return and what is really failing. I'm not eager to go on this adventure.