Lund Cold Front ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lund Cold Front ?

Originally Posted by andyh
I guess one advantage to the Lund is that you can see it. I block the radiator to my F-250 and occasionally I forget about it come spring, but I do notice that the gauge begins to read a little high and remember. The only danger for the Escape is that there is no gauge to tell you things are a little warmer than they should be if it warms up a bit. As long as it runs cool enough, there's no harm done.
I guess my concern would be that with a normal engine you are mainly blocking a radiator that cools the engine only and a little bit of extra heat on the engine is probably no big deal. However in the FEH you are also blocking the A/C coil for the battery and the coolant coil for the electronics pack. They may be more sensitive to an overheating condition and are very expensive..... They are under warranty, but if you block the front of the radiator, the warranty would definitely be invalid if Ford knows about it.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

After looking closer to the front of the vehicle. I do not think a cold front will harm it in any way, Underneath the grill is open and will allow sufficient airflow should the electric fan need to operate. The main advantage I see to the cold front is to prevent the frigid air from entering at full force on those sub-zero days. Also to keep the the engine from cooling so quickly. That little 4 banger does not retain heat like my F250 6.0 diesel.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks. I can't handle anything more complicated than a 2-cylinder with a 3-pt hitch

Dick Day

Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Enthusiast

i was actually noticing that today... how come they don't have an indicator for overheating like almost every other vehicle?

Old 12-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richman107
i was actually noticing that today... how come they don't have an indicator for overheating like almost every other vehicle?
It possible that condition comes up on the message center. Other system failures can. I'm wondering if that one does.