"New" Mercury Mariner owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: "New" Mercury Mariner owner

If they don't create dust, they wear the the rotor. Something has to wear out. That's why brakes aren't covered by your warranty. It wasn't a cheap shot, just commenting on a incorrect statement.

It really bothers you FEH owners when a non-FEH posts here. I have brake pads and rotors too! Brake pads and rotors are used on many other things that you've never seen. They all work the same way and wear the same way.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "New" Mercury Mariner owner

1. Are you sure you need new rotors? My 2006 MMH has about 70k on it and still running original brakes with no issues. Don't just change the rotors and pads because you think you should due to the mileage. These vehicles use very little mechanical braking.

2. I switched to the Michelin LRR tires after my Continental Eco's wore out. They ride much better in my opinion. Quieter and better in wet traction. No noticeable difference in mileage.

3. My stock battery started dying this year so I agree it is worth replacing now before you have issues. Mine couldn't hold a charge, and the vehicle will not start if the voltage in the 12v battery dips below about 10v. Just turning the key to ON and running the radio for a minute was enough to drop my charge under 10v. Once I swapped a new one (from pep boys not factory) it's been fine.

4. If you've seen the "stop safely now" threads, you may want to consider replacing the MECS pump (or seeing if it already has been). Mine went bad on my wife this year and scared the crap out of her when the vehicle shut down on I-95.