Saw my (almost) twin today

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Saw my (almost) twin today

After spending a couple of weeks in May looking foy my new baby, and couldn't get one anywhere in the state, I had to go 250 miles away to pick her up. So today I pull into a parking lot, and swear I park at a mirror! Another Ice blue Escape! A few minor differences, like no chrome package (sorry black door handles looks cheap for a $28k vehicle) and no back up sensors so means no preimiem pkg. Of course my added options of mud flaps, door trim & keyless entry pad The Tag was dated oct so must have bought it recently. The dealer plate shows just down the road from here. (Where I happened to stop on the way home from the purchase to see if some Accessories were available yet, and the dealers all stared and gathered around to look at it )

So I guess either orders are beining filled, or some dealerships are getting some to sell!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Saw my (almost) twin today

I have the chrome package on my new FEH and the door handles match the rest of the car (i.e., the handles are not chrome). Perhaps that's part of the package - that the handles are plastic, but match the car. The big difference I noticed with the chrome package was the front. For a few hundred dollars more, I do think it's a nice feature in terms of appearance. I got very lucky in that my local dealer had the *exact* vehicle I would have built on their lot, which did include the chrome package! This is one big reason I made the plunge - I felt this was a "sign". I mean, to have the exact color and every single feature I would have chosen is a bit uncanny.

I did not notice any Hybrids with mud flaps or pad entry doors though. The latter seems to be available on the regular Escape.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Saw my (almost) twin today

Originally Posted by doctoru2
I have the chrome package on my new FEH and the door handles match the rest of the car (i.e., the handles are not chrome). Perhaps that's part of the package - that the handles are plastic, but match the car. The big difference I noticed with the chrome package was the front. For a few hundred dollars more, I do think it's a nice feature in terms of appearance. I got very lucky in that my local dealer had the *exact* vehicle I would have built on their lot, which did include the chrome package! This is one big reason I made the plunge - I felt this was a "sign". I mean, to have the exact color and every single feature I would have chosen is a bit uncanny.

I did not notice any Hybrids with mud flaps or pad entry doors though. The latter seems to be available on the regular Escape.
Yes, sorry I should have said black plastic looks cheap, they are still plastic, just body color, along with the mirrors, you also get the lower grill "chromed" and a piece on the liftgate. Maybe the roof rack as well, can't recall.

I added those other accessories later, flaps, keypad & door moldings, mostly all ebay items.