Would you recommend the Escape?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Would you recommend the Escape?

Test drove an 08 Escape Hybrid and was pretty happy. Drove kinda like my old Explorer. Would you buy an Escape hybrid again if you had a choice? Going to give the Highlander a shot this weekend.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Would you recommend the Escape?

Originally Posted by hybridluv
Would you buy an Escape hybrid again if you had a choice?
Yes, because it's the perfect size and amount of vehicle for my job, plus it's American Made, I get Ford Family Discount, and outside of not having Prius MPG numbers to boast about, it gets great FE and is fun to drive.

Personally, I didn't particularly like the Highlander Hybrid when I test drove it, though I did rather enjoy the Camry Hybrid.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:28 AM
Enthusiast

Absoulutely! I actually did. I just traded my 06 in for an 08 a few weeks back. I haven't had the chance to drive a HiHY but a friend has one and he seems to enjoy it. I would take a good test drive in both to see if the MPG are what you expect. While I have heard that some people are getting almost as good MPG in the HiHy as the FEH, my friend doesn't get near as good MPG as I do in my AWD FEH (32 average). I don't know if the improvements they made to this year's HiHy increased MPG or not.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Would and did!

We had an 08 and now have a 09 on order!
(I can see getting this one is going to take alot longer than when we ordered the 08)

Old 07-12-2008, 06:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The Escape should far exceed the Toyota Highlander fuel mileage due to the extra "bulk" the Toyota vehicle carries. One should also remember the Toyota vehicle is a six cylinder engine opposed to the 2.5L four cylinder in the Escape. That also works to Toyota's advantage if you have "towing" needs.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 AM
FEH Tsaritsa

I would *absolutely* buy another FEH in a Milwaukee minute

Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 AM

Nope can't say I'd do it again. I hate bragging to all my friends about my FE (32ish). I hate having the perfect sized vehicle for my needs. (I do have an Expedition for my towing needs). I really hate having the exclusive color so for those that know, know immediatly it's a Hybrid.

Oh yea, insert sarcasam!

Love it! Will probably add to the fleet when the kids start driving in a few years, altho the Focus should be out by then!

Old 07-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Definately! Especially the 2009 model increase the ICE HP from 133 to 175, and kept the same MPG. The most important, Toyota Hylander is much more expensive to afford.

ALso, I owned a Toyota before, the Toyota posted MPG never can be achieved, not even close. And I had a little bit doubt of the posted hoursepower too, because same HP american car, the A/C is much cooler. For example, Toyota Echo revised its hoursepower from 108HP to 106HP, Corrola modifed its HP from 130HP to 126HP.

For my Escape Hybrid 2008, I almost can get what Ford posted for a 4WD MPG. I am far more than happy!! I can get 7.1L/100 for high way and 7.2L/100 for local, that is even better than the actual fuel use of Toyota Yaris.

Last edited by Sphinx88; 07-12-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Radioactive Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Would you recommend the Escape?

It's been a little while since I posted to the GreenHybrid message boards ... but when people ask me how I like the FEH, I tell them that it's the most fun I've ever had driving a car.

Perfect size (coming from a guy who stands 6'8"), great handling...

... oh yeah, and I just got my first 500+ mile tank.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of my fiancee telling people "He gets better mileage in his SUV than I get in my little Focus!"

Old 07-12-2008, 05:45 PM

No, absolute, ABSOLUTELY NOT..!!

If the Prius or the Camry hybrid (both with VSC/Trac/etc.) isn't a " fit" then there are too many other choices that are much better than ANY hybrid.

Personally I'm holding out for a RAV4 or CX-7 hybrid, or maybe an MMH if/when they add VSC.

Quick Reply: Would you recommend the Escape?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands