I thought this might be of some interest...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I thought this might be of some interest...

That is quite an interesting link I've noticed the brake pulse occasionally, once just when I am stopping mostly not a big deal just an anomoly. I got rid of the resonator with the intention of putting a spare on someday. but I am thinking about putting the resonator back. It does create a lot more engine noise especiaaly noticeable when you are pulling a travel trailer. On another note, I guess they could have added some more batteries and dropped the resonator but its all about balancing the extra weight the batteries would add vs the mpg benefit. Hmmm its got a trailer hitch I guess you could always pull a trailer loaded with extra batteries and a jumper cable...maybe not

Last edited by Hotspotter; 11-26-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: here is my take on this....

Originally Posted by jet1
Top gear recently did a challenge where they pitted a prius against a BMW M3 series. They drove around their track at a set speed and the BMW got something like 20% BETTER mileage than the prius...enough said.
I can see jet1 and I are going to have alot to talk about...let's just say that I can set up a scenario in about 100 different ways that will blow the M3 away. That was a worthless test to cast doubt at a very worthy vehicle. You drive a hybrid...why would you even consider a slanted view such as this? I (my wife) drive my Prius almost 3000 miles a month and averages 47.5mpg summer and 44.5mpg winter and has for the last 3 years. Intown, uptown, downtown, out of town, around town, uphill, downhill, and under the hill. Period. The M3 doesn't do that...doesn't even come close.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I thought this might be of some interest...

So, I allowed the Chevy employee to drive the vehicle after it had been "fixed" and ready to be released to me. Of course you know from my previous post(s) that I was skeptical on the "fixed" statement.

It just so happened that the day the Chevy employee drove the vehicle home, the brakes failed on him causing him to return it to the dealership. Now the offer is to replace the vehicle.

For all of the skeptics and for the people who feel this was just to "stir things up" do your research and look at the validity of this post. If I would have picked up the vehicle as directed by Chevy (for the 3rd time), I would have had another (I think we are up to 7!) brake failure.

I was genuinely concerned for the employee and I am very glad he is ok. There will be a death involving this issue somewhere. Someone will have a brake failure at a stop sign, red light, stopped traffic, etc and someone will die because of it.