Software Update and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Software Update and other questions

I loved the F-4!!! A smoker for sure, but man that sound!!!!

I graduated class 03-08. Best school I ever been to.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

With regard to the lockpic warranty issue, I had that concern too and here's a funny story. I couldn't get the dome light to come on when I opened the door. I read the manual and it said that in extended position the dome light is on and if you press it in, the dome overrides. It is in extended position but still does not work. I have the lockpic installed and I know it uses buttons such as the rear window lockout, etc. so maybe it affects the dome light? I figure I better take it out before I take it in for service. But it is nerve racking pulling the face plate off. So I say screw it, I will risk it. The wife takes it in and I take her car to work and get the call from the shop saying the dome light works fine. I come home and it does work fine but when I push the switch in, dome override does not work - it stays on. So I take the vehicle in myself the next day, I say I am frurstrated because it still does not work. So the guy comes out the vehicle and when I push the button in and show him the dome light stays on with the door open, he says to me, "that's not what you press. You press the button on top" and he presses the rocker switch on top of the stick that you push in and out. I felt like a real idiot - but at least everything works - and I never risked taking off the face plate. Who would have even thought that was the dome override switch? It doesn't even seem like a switch. I also found out pushing the stick button in and out is soely for the ease of spinning it. Boy did I feel stupid when driving off...

Old 03-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast

OK Just took a trip to Smell A (Los Angeles) from San Diego today. Had the cruise control set between 75-80 (depending on traffic). If anyone has ever taken the 5 to and from LA you know it is quite hilly. Average MPG = 21.4.

I am happy!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not bad