HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Newbie - New Battery too

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Newbie - New Battery too

Bought my HCH 2003 used with 30k miles on it. I started to feel the "judder" and took it to the dealership at 77k miles. They replaced the battery and some kind of transmission plate under my bumper to bumper.

So now I have like a new car. I think I am going to keep it and was wondering what you all would suggest for me to upgrade the car. I am going to fix a little dent and upgrade the interior. I was thinking maybe buying some new rims and tires to make it look a little nicer. Any thoughts on a comparably light wheel that looks nicer? Any other suggestions to make me want to keep the car until 150k.

Thank you

Old 12-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie - New Battery too

The guy said it was a Clutch Plate that was replaced. Anything on that?

Also, I searched the forums for wheel and tire recommendations for my year and found very little. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I also had that lurching problem a little bit. I read about the EGR replacement. I suppose I should ask about that, eh? Maybe the software update helps?

Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

Dealer just told me they were going to do the EGR replacement too.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear everything worked out. Just so you know... you can clean your EGR valve with carb cleaner. I do it once a year. Do a search and I believe you will get some good directions. I would also suggest changing the CVT fluid every year or so. I don't have any recommendations on rims as I have kept mine stock. I did purchase Goodyear Triple tread tires last year that are great in the rain and snow. However, there was a drop in FE. With the Dunlops I was waterskiing in the rain. Enjoy your car!