HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

'08 HCH coming - Sirius Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: '08 HCH coming - Sirius Question

Originally Posted by AccElan01
Sirius XM is here! How long until the content is combined?
I'm anxiously awaiting to hear the same answer!

When I got in my car after work yesterday, it said "updating channels", and I (crazily) thought that maybe they were bringing up the new combined channel lineup. Silly me!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

More detail already:

Full article: http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDe...leaseID=324858

Cliff notes:

SIRIUS and XM Complete Merger

SIRIUS XM Radio Chosen as New Corporate Name

As a result of the merger, SIRIUS XM Radio will also be able to offer consumers new packages in audio entertainment, including the first-ever a la carte programming option in subscription media. In addition to two a la carte options, the new packages will include: "Best of Both," giving subscribers the option to access certain programming from the other network; discounted Family Friendly packages; and tailored packages including "Mostly Music" and "News, Talk and Sports." The first of the new packages will be available in the early Fall.

"One of the most exciting benefits of this transaction is the ability to offer subscribers the option of expanding their subscriptions to include the Best of Both services. Given the respective popularity of exclusive programming on both SIRIUS and XM, we expect many subscribers will upgrade their current subscription," said Karmazin.

As promised when the merger was first announced, existing radios will continue to work and every subscriber has the option of maintaining their current service package.

Hmm... so I guess I need this question answered now. If I'm currently a Sirius subscriber with a Sirius radio, and want to use my XM satellite radio that comes with my new HCHII, what do I need to do?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Enthusiast

So, to answer my own question... I'll be cancelling my Sirius account, working right with the XM in the car (opening a XM account), and then adding on my favorite Sirius channels once they get that all up and running. The two services will be functioning as two companies for some time to come still.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

Can someone please guide me in the right direction. I have a 2006 with navigation, I understands it comes with XM but I still need to add something to it, right? Once I do this when will I be able to get Howard Stern on it?

Thank you so much in advance.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast

Hybrid Glider

You have all the hardware you need with the Honda Nav. just contact XM by phone or internet and give than the requested info. off the Nav system and pay the monthly fee and you are running. Mine while you should be able to have limited XM access (demo channels,etc) with your current setup. Select xm on audio screen and try channel 1 or 2

Rick

Last edited by rpecora; 08-09-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling