HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Well,

I got my car back from the dealership. They did something I didn't expect. They painted the trunklid and it looks fine so far. However, this time besides mounting the spoiler with bolts, they used automotive double-sided tape also.

This is not exactly what I want, but I will leave it as is for now, to see if it will actually fix the problem.

I will keep the forum updated.

One thing I want to stress is, this damage is kinda hard to see. Depends on your paint color and the light you are under. I couldn't see my initial damaged spots under the sun. I noticed them while the car was in the garage, with door opened, and really sunny outside. The first time I tried to show them to my wife, we couldn't find it under direct sunlight. Just a reminder.

Eric.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Could someone take a pic a little further out? The two we have right now are so close in that I have no real idea what it is I'm looking at. I took mine over to the dealer this evening after work (couldn't get the digicam, unfortunately), and while he could tell something was going on (and also offered to take it into the paint shop), I decided I'd rather hold off for now, as one of their techs mentioned that double-sided tape is standard on the Accord, and would think it should be for ours as well. Either way, I don't have chippage (yet), and it's limited to about 5cm on the front top edge of the inside curves. We're going to keep an eye on it, but until it either breaks into bare metal or there's a service bulliten, we'd both rather keep the factory paint untouched.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Chris,

You're right about factory paint. It is best to keep as much original factory paint as possible. In my case, the damage was through the primer already, so I didn't have a choice. I would have waited also if the damage wasn't so deep.

I am not trying to get everyone into a panic and rush their cars into the paint booth. Factory paint is factory paint. If the damage you have is not severe, talk to your service manager first. American Honda might have a fix on the way.

Just my 2 cents. Too late for me though....sigh....

Eric.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry I can't tell anything from those pics.

Maybe back up and add one more pic showing the whole car with the area circled.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Old 10-05-2006, 06:41 AM

I have the scuff marks on my trunk lid around the spoiler. But, hasn’t gotten down to the primer yet. I don’t know how the scuff marks got there since I don’t use the trunk lid to close it, I use the license plate so I don’t get finger marks on the trunk. Hahaha. I will keep my eye on it, but rather not have them paint the lid unless it gets to the primer or Honda has a bulletin out on it.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 AM

I have that too, I thought it was just dirt that I could not get off...
I guess I will tell Honda when I am there next.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

I have the exact same marks... So what's the next step? Do we just wait until we hear something from Honda? Here's my picture... It's hard to see but it's pretty much exactly what EricT described it as...

Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Per Honda of America: Take the car to your dealer. If they do not offer an acceptable fix to your problem, you can call Honda of America back and open a complaint case.

From there, I don't know what happens.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Shoebox303,

thanks for the reply.... What would suck though is that when the dealer DOES fix the problem... the problem occurs again down the road which is what EricT experienced.

Has anyone opened a complaint case w/Honda of America yet?

Originally Posted by shoebox303
Per Honda of America: Take the car to your dealer. If they do not offer an acceptable fix to your problem, you can call Honda of America back and open a complaint case.

From there, I don't know what happens.

Quick Reply: Calling all HCH-II owners....Please check around your decklid spoiler.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands