HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Got the latest June '10 software update!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

i just got an update done today, took my 07 in cause of over zealous assistance that would drive the battery down and leave me without power multiple times a day, including random battery crashes to zero charge. Had the update done for the TSB 09-058 lat year that then cause over aggressive assist and not enough recharge to self-sustain, but at least that update provided an emergency boost of assist for up to 15 mph off the line if I floored it even if the battery had only least 1 or 2 bars.

According to the dealer, this last update wasn't applied properly, and so they re-updated my system again, not sure if it included new code or what cause I couldn't talk to the original service advisor. So far, driven it 10 miles since the update, and the car doesn't seem as assist zealous, but still doesn't seem to want to charge as aggressively as it did with the original software...could be because its darn hot, so i'll post an update after a few dozen cool driving miles at night.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Can the OP (Steven) or someone else post update "ids" or numbers here so I could check with the local service agency (dealer)? I suspect if I go in and say "I need the June 2010 update" they will tell me there are none. Not a good dealer but the only one close by ... what to do.

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

These are the updates i had installed in June

MX3050 to the Battery
MXA120 to the PCM.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

I had a total of three (3) updates to my '09. Will have to look up the #s later, but they should be accessible via any dealer as a routine diagnostic. (My dealer actually installed one WRONG update, and had to reinstall it.) The power management is much better for my needs now, following the updates. I notice that at 2-3 bars, my car doesn't feel like it has 'hit the wall,' and the extreme power slump is greatly improved. Also, when driving hills, my batteries do not become as depleted. The steep 2-mile hill to my house used to leave me with 3 bars – now I arrive with 5+ happy bars every time. There has been no noticeable ding to my fuel economy, and I see no other downside to the updates.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

we'll, after living with whatever version of software updates they put on my car for a week now, i'd have to say things are much worse. My battery life is half what it is, i can't even make it onto the highway anymore with any assist. I've had two battery crashes in the last week, and the battery half the time does not try to recharge until its goes into forced recharge...the threshold of which has moved from a observable three bars to somewhere inside the fourth bar, making it completely unpredictable and nerve racking now...i intentionally avoid the highway ramp now by my house because of its up hill entrance ramp leaves me merging at 35-40 mph onto a 65 mph that just dropped from 70mph before the ramp..i. had to take the shoulder for awhile to get up to speed and not get ran over when merging.

Guess I'm going back in again, wish me luck.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I wonder how long till a large scale Toyota-like recall is on the way, with all the people not getting assist at the wrong moment , when the software decides to protect the battery and the car ends up in an accident

Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast

Mine is at the dealer today for the update. I'm a little worried based on these posts

Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KennyB
Mine is at the dealer today for the update.
definitely let us know how any behaviors change, i'll be curious to compare behaviors.

just a side rant, i really do miss the original software that would attempt to recharge the battery more and more under cruising as the battery level dropped, and gradually took lightened the assist. I wish I could have that software back with the emergency assist that they have now when the battery is really low, but you give it more than half throttle to get going. If I had driven a rental civic hybrid for two weeks with the current software I have instead of the original, I would have never of purchased one.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Arrow Re: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Not sure how we could have such divergent experiences with the latest software, unless there is something else unknown that may influence the experience of others. With my new software, I continue to notice FAR-improved power management over the '09 version... and no negative downside. How strange that others' experience would be so vastly different, unless some other unknown factor may be compromising results. (For example, my Honda dealer inadvertently installed the wrong update the first time.) I would expect that Honda would, at this point, be confident of the value of an enhanced software version before releasing it, and be assured that it were truly an improvement. I continue to be more than pleased with the very noticeable benefits of the update on my HCH, and am restating my opinion to continue to provide a balanced perception to those who are contemplating an update. I am mystified by the inconsistency of the initial feedback we're getting.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:02 AM

I had a update done to my 06 HCH last fall and since then the car has doing everything to perfection. My FE has never been better and and the IMA is being managed to perfection in my estimation. I hope this car continuous to run this way for many years to come. H

Quick Reply: Got the latest June '10 software update!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands