HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH '07 iPod integration

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default HCH '07 iPod integration

The '07 HCH I ordered is now here in the US. It's having fun things like fog lights installed right now. I get to pick her up tomrrow.

Anyway, I am having one problem with the car that I need to solve, which is connecting it to an iPod. There was a part for the '06 HCHs that allowed an iPod to integrated with the stereo system. Honda discontinued it, because it did not work with newer iPods. The new music link is now avialable, but it's over a thousand dollars!

So, I am hoping that there is some sort of aftermarket part I can use. Or maybe any Pioneer adapter would work? I can always just use a line-in, but it's not the same. Anyone else had this problem or know a solution? Thanks.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: HCH '07 iPod integration

Line in with a Belkin cigarette lighter power adapter is a good inexpensive solution. The CD player will take MP3 cds so you can always stick music on them and if you have the navigation radio, you can use compact flash to store music.

The Honda/3rd party solution was pretty lame in that it required you to create special play lists etc.

One 3rd party solution worth investigating is from Dension

We have one these adapters in one of our Audis and it is a very good product.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

where do you see a new ipod integration kit besides the old one that didnt work?

I cant find this 1000 dollar cable anywhere.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twuelfing
where do you see a new ipod integration kit besides the old one that didnt work?

I cant find this 1000 dollar cable anywhere.
Yeah, I did not see any iPod adapter the Honda website either. I was looking there to see what precisely they call it. The dealership just got in the updated accesories list 2 days ago. Perhaps it will be up on the website is not updated yet?

The price and the information in my post is from two dealerships in my area.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Line in with a Belkin cigarette lighter power adapter is a good inexpensive solution. The CD player will take MP3 cds so you can always stick music on them and if you have the navigation radio, you can use compact flash to store music.

The Honda/3rd party solution was pretty lame in that it required you to create special play lists etc.

One 3rd party solution worth investigating is from Dension

We have one these adapters in one of our Audis and it is a very good product.
Cool, I will have to look into that I have a line-in for right now. Were you able to install the Dice system yourself, or did a shop do it?

Old 12-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default I did the adapter installation myself

These adapters emulate the CD changer, so it is pretty much a plug and play swap out.

I would expect that the Civic will be the same probably easier because the interior trim seems to be mostly clip together. This car is much easier to disassemble then German cars.