HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH at the dealer for service

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH at the dealer for service

This is how amazing my mileage! Loving the new battery!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

beautiful!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

mild hybrid my a$$
a real hybrid shows improvements like this when the hybrid system is real and is working well. excellent.

ks

Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

Okay so I has been little over a week and my HCH is amazing loving the new battery pack. My check engine light was on for the longest time but turned off mid last week and has stayed off. I have driven little over 500miles with the light off. I went back to get the free emissions recheck and passed this afternoon. I was able to renew my plates for another two years online. I called the service manager at the dealership asking to cancel the order for the new catalytic converter since I feel it is no longer needed. I am thinking maybe the fault battery pack had an impact on the check engine light?

What do you think?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast

Also I noticed a couple new stickers on the door jam. Does any one know what IMA Battery Model PC2 means?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would not change the cat. unless a code appears. I think you are correct in your assessment re your Cat. is OK. H

Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
I would not change the cat. unless a code appears. I think you are correct in your assessment re your Cat. is OK. H
So I spoke to soon. After 500miles of no check engine light it pops back on this morning. How could it be fine for 500miles and all of a sudden pop back up? Could there be an issue with spark plugs? I replaced them last summer with Autolite Iridium XP Plugs all 8, 4 for gasoline and 4 for IMA. Wouldn't I get a misfire code? I am just trying to avoid that annoying light. I am not as worried because I was able to renew my plates online for 2years since it passed the emissions yesterday.

Has anyone tried to extend the o2 sensor out of the cat which would basically trick the ecu into thinking the cat is fine?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Veteran Mechanic

You can set up a switching low voltage(1v) can use 1 AA battery or 2 parallel in order to make the batteries last longer, or if you want to get trickier step the 12v system down to 1v for it and never think about AA batteries. Anyway, the current needed is so low(<100ma) they should last a long time, and this will "trick" the ECU into believing there is an O2 sensor there, letting the car go into closed loop for better economy.

This is cheap and easy with a working knowledge of electronics, the parts wouldn't run over 20 bucks. This is just a temporary measure….it's nothing a little ingenuity can't help for now though.

PS... it would also keep off that annoying check engine light =).

Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KevinsTop
Great price and great deal.
Doesn't honda have to fully cover emissions and battery issues until 150K an 10 years or something like that because the vehicle qualifies for PZEV?

I bailed on the 2007 HCH II and switched back to a Subaru Outback. The outback 4 cyl / CVT is pzev, rated a 9 of 10 by the EPA and is averaging me 25MPG actual. But it is as good as our Honda pilot (like basically a SUV) in that we can fit or family and everything into it.

The HCHII is currently for sale. This car was an overall disappointment to me -- in many ways. Tinny doors, less than expected gas mileage, etc.

It has 45K and the battery is starting to go. I also bought the Honda 120K top of the line warranty online because I suspected there would be problems -- it is transferrable and will help my resale.

HCH II -- bad car overall...

Dobe