HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Originally Posted by rwn442
Anyone have any experience cancelling the warranty. I purchased 3 weeks ago and paid dealer price for the warranty. Just wondering if I can cancel the dealer warranty and purchase a new warranty on line.
Yes you can - just read the book that came with the extended warrantee. There are specific steps, not a big deal, but just want to be sure you dot your i's and cross your t's.

I cancelled mine just before I traded mine in.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

You can absolutely cancel the original HondaCare Warranty you bought. I successfully did it. The dealer who sold me the car asked $1300 for a 6yr/120k/$0ded warranty. I bought it thinking it was a good deal, because another dealer "offered" it to me for $1900. After reading this forum, a quick online search brought up a price of $830 online. I took the paperwork to my original dealer, asked them to match it - and they would not. After I offered to accept the difference in accessories, oil changes, etc., they still would not match the online offer. So, I canceled the warranty, and they were none too happy. (Someone lost a BIG commision that day.) I then contacted a different local dealer, who sold me the warranty but matched the online price. So I got the best both worlds - a cheap price and a local dealer.

If you cancel the original warrantty within 30 days of purchasing it, then there is no fee to cancel it. The procedure consists of you filling out a form at the dealer where you purchased your original warranty, and both you and the dealer representative (aka the Finance guy) sign it. My dealer "forgot" to fax in the cancellation notice. I had to call American Honda and fax in the signed form myself. The American Honda rep was very accomodating and polite. I now have the warranty in place as it should be.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your return.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

added bonus...you will get an extra 5% mile coverage (120K warranty becomes 126K) after Honda settles the odometer lawsuit.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

i got a 7 year 100k through the dealer by a company named Universal Underwriters

it was about 1000 bucks

Old 12-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast

Went to my dealer today to discuss the various alternatives to cancelling the extended warranty due to the high price I paid 3 weeks ago. I met with the head of the Finance Dept and thanks to the info in the posts by gchu, foobar and mikeyt758, I was able to negotiate goods and services from the dealer to offset the price I paid for Honda Care vs. what was published on the web. He would have cancelled it but I thought the trade was fair. He was also very interested in the printouts I made of the prices I found on line and was going to call them to see if there was a catch.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Energy Independence

Good going, Rick!

There are NO catches, just dealerships selling the extended warranty in high volume. And not worrying much about the dealership finance-guy's commission on the online sales.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased a Honda Care warranty on my 2004 Accord. The service is generally not good and the costs are high. For instance, the rental agreement caps at I think $30-35 a day and I had to jump through some hoops to get reimbursed. It took several months for the check to arrive. They use a company named Cross-Country for the roadside assistance benefit. Expect to deal with an automated system and then wait for an hour to an hour and a half for a response.

I cancelled as soon as I found out the service level, and have had much better luck with other programs, such as AAA and car insurance extras. Better deal and better service.

YMMV

Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Energy Independence

rabbit,
Are you talking about just roadside assistance, towing, and rental-car reimbursment, now?
Yes, AAA should be better at roadside assistance. That's one of their MAIN selling points.
HondaCare's main purpose is to cover MAINTENANCE REPAIR COSTS. That's why I bought it.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast

The dealer seems to base the cost of the warranty (7 yr, 0 deductible) on how the customer reacts to the price. My cost went from 2000 to 1240 cause of the frown on my face. Roadside assistance and rental car are included. To not have to worry about car repairs for 7 years is beyond great.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

120,000 mile one, at time of sale, 0 deductible

Quick Reply: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands