HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Great Mileage and Green
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I purchased an extended warranty at the sale, 6 years, 120,000 miles, about the rate I have and will drive the car as I have 18,600 miles after 12 1/2 months. What I liked about the package is that when the warranty expires in 2013, if I have not needed it, I get the money paid out back. Granted, a dollar in 2013 will be worth less than the dollar of 2007 (which is not saying much), but it will still be something to the positive.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I bought mine from my insurance company. 7 year/100,000 mile warranty (bumper to bumper) is $26/every six months or about $350.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lawndart
I bought mine from my insurance company. 7 year/100,000 mile warranty (bumper to bumper) is $26/every six months or about $350.
those are not the ones to get. when you take your car in to the dealer after your warranty expires and try to get something fixed under your aftermarket extended warranty is like pulling teeth. the dealer will have to get everything approved before they fix it and the aftermarket extended warranty is like insurance...they take forever to fix anything and find any way to not pay for it.

i would return that warranty and get an oem honda extended warranty.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
those are not the ones to get. when you take your car in to the dealer after your warranty expires and try to get something fixed under your aftermarket extended warranty is like pulling teeth. the dealer will have to get everything approved before they fix it and the aftermarket extended warranty is like insurance...they take forever to fix anything and find any way to not pay for it.

i would return that warranty and get an oem honda extended warranty.
I am going to disagree with you on this. I purchased this exact type of warranty with both Hondas that I have owned previously. I have needed to use it once and it was absolutely the easiest thing in the world to use.