HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rock punctured Roadblock, and its peeling

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Rock punctured Roadblock, and its peeling

I had been watching my Roadblock fairly closely lately and noticed it was starting to peel up, i have some photos to follow, areas of peeling include bumber, hood, and passenger mirror.

Tuesday I was passing a truck carrying rocks when about 30-40 of them all of a sudden came off, i managed to hug the far side of my lane and avoid all but one! YAY! but this one rock hit my hood and i didnt think it would be that bad, but when i got home, not only did it scrape up a layer of the roadblock, but the rock punctured through the roadblock in two places going all the way into the paint itself.

I called Honda to find out what they can do about it since it is supposed to have a lifetime warranty on material and workmanship.

They said the peeling is definetly covered, but they dont know about the rock puncture. I would have thought it would have been...

BUT when i talked to them i was mainly focused on the bumber, which i knew was peeling already and the hood damage. Honda said they would talk to their guy and get back to me the same day.

I went back outside and took a soft toothbrush to all the seems of the roadblock. Alot of areas that i thought were just white from dust and polish were actually peeling up! So that is when i noticed the peeling on my mirror, the misalignment on the hood causing it to peel up in two places, the chop job they did around one light that is folded and peeling up, and of course the tattered job near the radiator grill!

So I called Honda back and asked them to add all these other things to the list. They said they would call me back possibly the next day, which was yesterday, wednesday.

So i get home, i guess im not patient enough, so i call at 2. They have talked to the guy who is out of town, but will try and get back thursday. today.

I asked them to try and see if they can do tomorrow at one because id like them to look at it and fix it all in one day so i dont have to keep going up there, its a long way from me.

I hope they step up and fix this properly...

Name:  IMG_7412.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  9.3 KB the circles indicate the areas of peeling

Name:  IMG_7410.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  10.9 KBName:  IMG_7405.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  5.9 KB
Name:  IMG_7403.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  16.5 KB
Name:  IMG_7398.jpg