trim peeling off

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default trim peeling off

I got in my car earlier today and noticed the ugly fake wood trim on my fuse box is peeling off. I assume its because it's been warm and today its below freezing. I cant get it to stick back down. I'm hoping it will restick itself once the tempature warms up a bit.

Anyone else have this happen? I'm trying to decide if I even want to bother the dealer about it.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: trim peeling off

You should always log issues with the dealer, in case other problems start to pop up. What if the rest of the wood trim starts to peel off? You want to make sure the dealer has a complete history of your car problems.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:28 PM

wood trim on a TCH? must be dealer installed?

Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jbollt
wood trim on a TCH? must be dealer installed?
Or it's really an XLE.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

No its a hybrid. Just how the car came. No idea why its not an option for the camry hybrid on the toyota site now though. I don't remember seeing anything listed in the car price, mentioning paying extra for dealer installed wood trim.

Wood-grain-style interior trim with chrome accents on door handles - Listed only as XLE on the Toyota site. That sounds exactly like whats in my car.

Guess my cars a bit of a freak

And I got the trim to stick back on btw. I also noticed that its not on the fuse box. What I thought was the fuse box is really a small drawer to the left of the steering wheel.

What that drawer is good for I haven't a clue. I was joking with my wife telling her: Thats where you put yer weed!

Anyway, I went and searched for wood trim on the camry hybrid. Came up with Zip, aside from the XLE reference. I assume the dealer threw it in there. Have to go back and look at my invoice now. I'm a bit curious.

Last edited by Qslugs; 03-19-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Maybe you got one of them 50th Anniversary Editions? Not sure that has woodgrain but if it did and it's pealing that would be a real hoot.
My XLE has woodgrain but it isn't just stuck on cheaply.
Also what are you referring to when you say fuse box?

Last edited by schmidtj; 03-19-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does your driver window have auto-up?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by hamm3r
Does your driver window have auto-up?
LOL

Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Maybe you got one of them 50th Anniversary Editions? Not sure that has woodgrain but if it did and it's pealing that would be a real hoot.
My XLE has woodgrain but it isn't just stuck on cheaply.
Also what are you referring to when you say fuse box?
I am 99.9 percent sure it isnt the 50th anniversary edition. It says nothing about that version of the car anywhere. I bought the car in early January. I dont think they were even talking about that version of the car then. I forgot to check my invoice. If I get around to looking at it, I will certainly post what if anything it says about the wood trim.

As for the woodgrain, it didnt appear it was stuck on cheaply, but I can say for certain it definately is. However with that said, nothing else is peeling off (thankfully). I would be extremely annoyed if that were the case. I'm not even sure how much of the trim is a sticker and how much is plastic inserts. I assume everything is a sticker though. If anything else peels off I will be certain to take some pictures to show I dont think I will see anything else peel off though, nothing else has the curvature that the piece that peeled off has.

As for my mention of the fuse box, I posted previously that what I thought was a fuse box, is really an empty drawer to the left of the steering wheel, halfway between the steering wheel and the door, parallel to the steering wheel. I discovered what it was when I tried resticking the wood trim back to the face of the drawer.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
LOL

Nope, just auto down.

I actually just went outside to check after you asked