HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Running into parking curbs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Running into parking curbs.

Most of these parking curbs don't fit under the bumper and do damage. Has anyone come up with a system to let you know when to stop before scraping the underside of the bumper. I remember those side whiskers they used in the 60's for parking.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Great Mileage and Green
Default Re: Running into parking curbs.

I just make sure to stop back of the curb, and that keeps the guard under the bumper in good shape.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Low visibility in front and behind in this car is terrible. You really have to exaggerate things and park far back and or back up with tons of room.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by erscolo
I just make sure to stop back of the curb, and that keeps the guard under the bumper in good shape.
I agree. Just learn to stop in time before hitting the parking block.

There's plenty of room in a parking space. No need to pull too far forward. Th enext time you're in a parking lot, look around and count how many cars have their bumper/front end past the lines of the parking space and have either gone over into their neighbor's parking space or blocked off a good portion of a sidewalk. I think the parking blocks are a great tool to keep people from doing that. It's just too bad people use them as a "stopper" to tell them when to stop their car.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Running into parking curbs.

Originally Posted by Harold
Most of these parking curbs don't fit under the bumper and do damage. Has anyone come up with a system to let you know when to stop before scraping the underside of the bumper. I remember those side whiskers they used in the 60's for parking.
Hi Harold,

As I have read the other Post here, the HCH owners are right you have to do one thing to keep the front end New, use

{Extreme-Caution}when parking.

I'm not joking you cannot see the front of the car. I make sure I am back from the Curb even if I have to get out and Look:

Better to stay back and be Safe than to have to Replace the front Fascia or Worse.

Good-Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry (tiger)

Old 04-29-2007, 04:19 PM

I guess its a bit of a learning curve. Its just annoying when you whack one, plus its hard on the paint. Oh well, just have to get used to it.