HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Running outside antenna for sirius radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Running outside antenna for sirius radio

Has anyone ran an outside magnetic antenna on their civic? It was a snap in my mustang with the fold down seats and out through the trunk. Any ideas or suggestions? Have a lifetime sirius subscription so XM was out.

Last edited by rogell24; 04-04-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: mis-spelled
Old 04-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Running outside antenna for sirius radio

I would wait it out for now. Place the antenna on your dash. XM and Sirrus has been given the green light to merge into one company. So you might be able to use your internal XM radio soon with your lifetime subscription.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast

Although no radio will be made obsolete because of the merger, it will be about 18 months before radios for Sirius and XM are compatible. In the meantime they will just add stations from the other service to yours.

I have Sirius and I ran the Antenna to my trunk. I would suggest getting some mild adhesive tabs and securing it to the base of the back windshield. When I place it on the trunk I had to leave a little slack in the cord and it would stick out.

Attach the antenna dot first, run the input side along side the back speaker wires. You then have to remove the back panel of the trunk, run the wire to the side of the rear seat (it is kinda tough feeding it through since the back seat does not budge or move much).

Once you get it through then it is easy...run it under the panels between the seats and the driver side doors. There is plenty of length to mount the reciever pretty much anywhere you want. The Vent Mounts fit nicely or you can purchase a semi-permanent month from a site like TSS Radio.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice. What i did was somewhat like you said, i ran the antenna from my vent mounted radio under the trim panels so everything is hidden really well and up the side of the back seats, also hidden under trim and moulding. When i got to the trunk, i took the easy way out and laid the very flat receiver in the back window behind the seats and reception has been incredible everywhere i go. I used the radio's mp3 port to plug the receiver directly into my cars radio and use the auxillary button to switch back and forth between fm and sirius. Again thanks for the help....roger

Old 04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

i put mine on the roof, near the windshield on driver's side. ran the wiring under the windshield rubber and into the cabin near the a-pillar window. piece of cake. lots of nooks and crannies to hide wiring.