Running a Sirius Roof antenna

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Running a Sirius Roof antenna

Hi all

New to the forums and this is my first post. Really impressive site. I've gotten a lot of important info already.

I have a 2006 Honda Civic. My question is:
Has anyone run an antenna for a Sirius car kit (portable) radio? I can't seem to find a nice "clean" way to run it and mount it on the roof.
I was also interested to know if it was possible to hook it into the rear roof antenna in some fashion?

Hope there is a solution out there.

Thanks

bill

Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Running a Sirius Roof antenna

Not exactly the same, but similar- I use external GPS antenna for my Garmin so i can mount it in the center console instead of the windshield. The antenna has magnetic base, so what I did is open the trunk, and sneak it into the access hole intended for bulb replacement on the brake light. So it sits basically under the rear shelf plastic, on top of the metal. Completely invisible from outside but gets a good view of the sky through the rear glass and plastic.I then ran the cable under the back seats and under the carpet into the center console. It exits near the shifter and plugs into my GPS.
Since both GPS and Sirius use satellite signal, I'd imagine you can do something similar.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response.

How did you get it through the backseat? The battery is behind the back seat, so I don't know how to get it through there. I went to my dealer today and he just told me to leave it on the dash. I hate having all the wires running down, but I guess this might be as good as it gets.

I will investigate how you ran yours.

Thanks again.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looking at the trunk, I went top left and found plenty of space between the car body and the seat. In the hindsight, removing backseat would've made things easier. But anyways, the battery does not come all the way to the sides of the car, and there are some cable running through there