Engine Miss in new HAH

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Engine Miss in new HAH

I don't think this is typical. I have an audible pop comming from my intake while under acceleration, with an associated hesitation. If I didn't have a pop comming from the intake, I might agree that your on to something. This is either a mechanical, electrical, or software issue that is causing the engine to miss.

I am having a really tough time with anumber of things...

1. That they were unable to "Reproduce" the issue
2. When I went on my test ride with them I was able to produce the pop in about 5 minutes.
3. That they could serously think I would belive the horse*** they tried to feed me about the motor mount sensors causing an engine miss, and them not knowing how to fix it.
4. Did the dealership really call Honda Engineering, or come up with this fancy crap themselves.

I need to go take some Rolaids to handle the heartburn from the dealer.

Maybe if it goes on long enough it will cause the trouble codes to kick in, but to date, no engine light, no codes.

You know the saying ..."No Tickie, No Show"

Bill

Old 05-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

From Park open the windows put the car in Drive. Start driving and listen carefully.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

From Park, open the windows, put the car in Drive, start driving, and listen to the sound of the ABS system testing itself. Or, are you talking of an additional sound?

Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
From Park, open the windows, put the car in Drive, start driving, and listen to the sound of the ABS system testing itself. Or, are you talking of an additional sound?
You hit it.

Thats the noise I thought he was talking about. It only makes this noise once after you turn the car on.

Bill

Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wait, that's the noise you're hearing, Redapple? Or are you saying you know what that noise is and it's another sound you're hearing?

Old 05-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Enthusiast

No, That is the noise that Mikata was describing. I was just agreeing with you. The noise I hear is undeniably an engine miss through the intake

Bill

Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redapple
I have to say that the dealership has done some serious back pedaling on this one. Even though the shop foreman verbally told me that it was not normal, they are now saying it is normal. They had the car for a couple of days, and just getting them to give me a loaner was an issue, this on a car with less than 800 miles. (It had exactly 700 when I brought it in). I am not thrilled with my Honda experience and at this point wish I never traded in my GMC. I had that for almost 3 years with no issues. Other than being expensive to run (It was a 1 ton diesel CC). And this morning I had a new problem, my trip meter in the navi cleared by itself. WTF. I thought Hondas were supposed to be good. My initial impressions are overshadowed right now because I feel like I got a car that was put together out of leftover 06 parts on a Saturday.

Bill
Bill:
Bill:
I've got the same problem. Did you ever get your's fixed? I called Honda customer service and got a case started. They said they had never heard of this problem. The case number is: N012007-05-2400409. The case manager is Ron. Call him at 800-999-1009 ext 118038 and leave a message. He'll call you back. Or get your own case number by calling Honda customer service (see Honda web site).

Chuck
817-602-2915

Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: Engine Miss in new HAH

We've got what sounds to be the same problem in our 2006 HAH which now has 7000 mi after 8 months of good service. Problem started about two months ago. Always under mild acceleration, more frequent when the engine is colder, always at about the time of a first to second shift. It will happen 3-4 times in an afternoon of driving around running errands. What I initially thought was a backfire, later after paying more attention feels like a miss or a momentary lapse of either fuel or spark. Could also be a transmission shift issue - its a bit hard to tell to me.

Had it into the shop, no engine codes. First time got the "could not replicate" routine. Second time we forced them to keep it for 3 days and keep driving it. They finally experienced the "backfire" with both mechanic and service manager in the car. Still no codes. Subsequently lots of head scratching and silence. They flat refused our insistence to call Honda corporate to query other instances of same. We're going to seek another dealer who hopefully will be more pro-active next.

This is our 6th Honda and the first issue we've had. We'll be following up with the suggestion of calling Honda Customer Service as this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. If unresolved, ... I won't risk keeping it. Normally we keep them many years but if Honda have not done their usual good engineering job on the HAH, then ...

Old 06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Enthusiast

I've just picked up this thread, but it sounds similar to a problem that my 2006 HAH has had, essentially since new.

Mine actually sounds like a combo of some of the problems that were cataloged here. I've had engine misfiring, check engine lights, codes stored, and also active engine mount failures. The engine mount failure gives a code of PA014.

I gave the first dealer about 7 tries with the problem. They replaced the engine mount, the engine mount controller, and the wiring harness between the two. They adjusted the valves to address the misfiring, and replaced all six fuel injectors. After all that, still a problem.

Then I called Honda's 800 number and they said to take it into another dealer, which I did. The other dealer pulled both the misfiring codes and the engine mount failure codes, but did not know how to fix either. Instead, they called me back and asked me to have a datalogger installed in the car to record the output from the OBDII port for about two weeks. This was about 3 months ago. Apparently the logger was to be sent back to "Honda Tech Line" for a resolution.

In the meantime, I called Honda in CA back and said that I wasn't satisfied with the resolution. They ultimately gave me a settlement offer of about $1,700 to go away and shut up. (i.e. if I took the $, then I lose my rights to complain about this issue).

I refused the settlement and contacted BBB AutoLine (see your owner's manual.) Ultimately, though, BBB AutoLine rejected my claim to have the vehicle repurchased by Honda because of a technicality. The issue is that the Lemon Law only applies to cars owned by individuals, where my HAH is owned by my company. So now I am back to the drawing board.

But I think this is bordering on a class action lawsuit, if you ask me. It sounds like a bunch of people are having the same problem, but Honda is stonewalling and b/sing around it.

If you're really interested in all the nitty gritty details, and/or suffering from insomnia, read the attached file which details all of the issues that I have had so far. Hopefully this is useful in terms of understanding the problems that your car might be having. Perhaps you might qualify for Lemon Law consideration if in fact you've had three unsuccessful repair attempts.

Don't take this lying down! I'm not sure what else to do other than park the **** thing outside the dealership with a big lemon sign on it and try to dissuade people from entering the dealership. Maybe if I drive customers away from the dealership something will happen??

Attached Files