Ipod connection?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ipod connection?

I paid just under 460 for everything. It took less than 4 hours. The Honda Harness was 50. ice>Link 250. Labor was 120. Dock was 30, and other supplies 10. Definitely not cheap. So far it works. Hopefully the pics come out.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Clock Display.pdf (368.6 KB, 342 views)
iPod 2.pdf (268.4 KB, 316 views)
iPod and Nav.pdf (796.8 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by mossimo; 10-08-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast

Here's the file sent from Dension on what the Honda Harness looks like. Still working fine. There are a couple of things to watch out for: When disconecting from the cradle make sure the iPod works correctly. A couple of times the iPod froze and wouldn't do anything till I put it back in the cradle or on the dock to connect it to the Tower. Sometimes the iPod is not recognized if you connect it too late after turning on the car.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast

I found this link and emailed the vendor. They say it will work. Comments?

Gregg

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...?productid=200

Old 11-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

Hello,

I have an ipod and I bought an after-market stereo and had it installed. My mechanic had me buy the cable from Belsen (forgot the name) and he hooked it up through the back of the stereo and the cable comes out on the passenger side. I'm not fond of this look. I tried the cup-holder mount but found that it was both too low to safely mess around with while driving as well as not a fit for my ipod if I have a sleeve on it, which I do.

So, I'm asking you all to please e-mail me with suggestions if you know of a good option for me. I still have the factory stereo. I could buy another unit, if needed. I'd love navigation but don't think I could afford one (heard they are like 500 to 1,000 US dollars). I'd like a mount that is nearer to my fan or stereo face height. I don't need XM or Sirius.

Thanks!!

Renee

Old 12-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mossimo
The XM isn't completely gone, its a little low and the highs don't seem to be coming out.
What was the hookup to that made this possible? From what I have seen, the only available bus connector for the CD Changer/Aux interfaces to connect to is the same one occupied by the XM...

I've heard of people trying to use a Y-cable, but I thought those didn't work.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Enthusiast

the Y cable that I bought was from Honda. Its in my post from before. #12 But I think its because of the Nav. I had it installed, so I don't know what it looks like in the back of the system.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

I'm still having VERY good luck with the Monster Cable iCarPlayPlus FM transmitter+ charger that I bought for mine. I've been through all the spots in my commute that will kill cell fone reception (big huge radio towers) and freak out regular FM radio, and it might get a little fizzy for a few secs, but not too bad. Very good service overall. Music tracks survive the weak spots MUCH better than spoken-word. Not CD Quality, but similar to XM.

I plug the Monster into the power plug in the armrest, run the cabling through the cable guides on the bottom of the top shelf, and the ipod connects and lies on the first shelf inside the armrest. Everything is out of sight. Plays (and charges) as you drive with only one cable. No tearing open the car, pulling out the radio, or losing components. FM, XM and CD Changer all still work as before.

For this to work, you have to have a pretty "dead" FM frequency in your area (you can custom select any freq. on the dial above 87.9, I think it is.) then just Set It 'n forget it. When you turn off the car, the power to the Monster shuts off.

$79.95, and you're done. No cables showing anywhere in the car.

(But there's also a small slot in the front edge of the armrest so you can pull the connected ipod out for easier pass-around control by your passengers, while driving.)

Old 12-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Enthusiast

Just installed a new Harmon-Kardon Drive+Play... (Got it for Christmas.)

Now, thats a great way to iPod the Accord. I have the display mounted in the upper left corner of the windshield, the wires completely hidden down the side of the door and under the dash. I have the "brain" under the dash, the control dial mounted just below the passenger heated seat switch, the iPod cable running through a hole in the DC power outlet that is inside the storage compartment, and the whole thing powered by tapping into that same DC power outlet (behind it, so I can still use the outlet to charge my phone and stuff. All the wires hide nicely under the middle console that houses the shift **** and storage compartment.

Right now, I too am using the FM transmitter function of the Drive+Play. I'm thinking that I'll give up XM though and get a real AUX in.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Enthusiast

Is there any more recent information on a good wired solution, iPod to HAH? I bought the Monster Cable iCarPlayPlus FM transmitter+ charger, and I am taking it back. The sound quality just isnt that good. And living in the city, I get too much interference, even after trying a number of difference frequencies. So I am after a wired solution and would appreciate an recent intelligence on a product that will work. Many thank.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast

Here's one I hadn't seen before. Any thoughts? Anyone got one?

Gregg

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/productdet...&productID=266

Quick Reply: Ipod connection?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands