06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Default Re: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Yes, I have heard that cars aren't expected at dealers until mid january earlier febuary. There are cars sitting on american soil that honda won't release to dealers for some reason.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Originally Posted by geophrey
Attention all 06 Civic Hybrid owners!!!!!!

Thanks to ElanC, I called Honda central customer service and reported my 2 problems about two weeks ago. Since then I have spoke with my customer care representative (Jeff) numerous times. The last time I spoke with him (12/13/05) he admitted two things:

1) Honda hybrid engineers do not yet know the answer to my problem but are very interested.

2) I am not the only one!!!!! At least one other person has called in with similar problems. Therefore, Honda is looking at VIN numbers to see if these are isolated incidents or a larger problem.

Therefore, I am asking the 06 Civic hybrid community for help. Please call Honda central customer service @ (800) 999-1009 if you have experience either one of my gauge display problems, this way Honda can get an accurate assessment of the problem. Thanks again to everyone. I will keep you up dated as I find out more.
Hi Jeff; I am (Sorry) to here about this problem with your New HCH ll. If I read your Post correctly I think that you said that there was only one-more person that had contacted Honda about this problem, is that correct? I have a new 06 on order as well as quite a few other people that are on this site and I am sure that this has gotten all of our attentions and we as a whole would like to have some idea as to how severe this situation is and are there alot more people that have these cars already with the same problem. So if you do find out more as time goes on, it would really be nice to let all of us know.

Thanks;

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast

As far as Honda care would say, it is only one other person. However, I get the impression from talking with my representative that it is larger than that. After all, why would Honda be looking into this if it were only one or two cars out of thousands? Unfortunately, I was told that even Honda engineers need vacations and they will not be back on the job until the New Year. I will let everyone now when I learn more. Thanks for everyone’s interest.

Jeff

Old 12-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've decided that my mpg displays are useless except as a general guide. My trip B which hasn't been reset since I took delivery of the car, wildly varies on the MPG reading. I would expect it to be very slow to change given that there are over 2k miles on the car and guage. However, when my current tank's mpg is low, so reads my lmpg. When I'm doing really well on the tank, my lmpg looks great, too.

So, I'm sticking to miles driven / gallons pumped for my "official" reports on MPG. It's not a deal breaker, and I figure that some day a patch will either fix it, or smooth it out some.

Don

Old 12-19-2005, 09:14 AM

dshelman, you have the same bug the rest of us have, that of it resetting every 63 miles. Report it to the dealer to raise visibility of the issue within Honda.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

ok i must be the odd one out here because i haven't had any of these problems.

hmm..i'm wondering about honda's programming qualities nowadays...

Old 12-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
ok i must be the odd one out here because i haven't had any of these problems.

hmm..i'm wondering about honda's programming qualities nowadays...
I haven't either, it only seems to affect some cars which seems strange if it's a software bug.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just noticed that mine does this in last week or so.

Today, I think I noticed some pattern.

Temp about 60F this morning.. about 1 mile into my commute, my MPG meter went to 0, and it seems my trip A and B reset at the same time.. at least it went from ~45 to ~35 right around time this happened (trip A at 1500, trip B at 350miles).

I'll be contacting Honda..

Old 12-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Enthusiast

Attention 06 Hybrid owners who are having display gauge problems!!!

Honda has sent my dealer a new “corrected” gauge cluster to replace the one I have. It should be at the dealer (in So CA) by December 26. If you are having problems with your display, you may want to call Honda care, as my dealer was unaware of the problem or gauge shipment until I told them. After it is installed, I will post an update on how well it works.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:04 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Originally Posted by geophrey
Attention 06 Hybrid owners who are having display gauge problems!!!

Honda has sent my dealer a new “corrected” gauge cluster to replace the one I have. It should be at the dealer (in So CA) by December 26. If you are having problems with your display, you may want to call Honda care, as my dealer was unaware of the problem or gauge shipment until I told them. After it is installed, I will post an update on how well it works.
Hey Jeff; I don't have my HCH ll yet but I bet that the members reading this Thread would buy you lunch for what you just shared with them here today. I will be watching to see if this is a concern when I finally get mine in a Month or So.

It would be interesting to know if Honda did a (Update/Change) on this Gauge-Cluster on the Production Line. I bet they Have on the cars coming or how would they know to send you a corrected one.

Thanks For The (Heads-Up)

Terry

Quick Reply: 06' Civic gets 90mpg???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands