2 Hybrid family

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2 Hybrid family

LeahBeatle,
Trust me, you don't really want to be just like me, wouldn't wish that on anyone. Then you would find yourself at 52 and still air-guitaring thru life. However, all my kids have seen Robert Plant in concert with me - so maybe I am not so bad after all.

However, here is my plug.

John Holtz Honda
Rochester, NY

And in terms of being dedicated. My other son is a Marine in Iraq right now. Lead gunner on a security detail. Yet I sleep nights. Comes home in about 3 weeks (but for only 15 days and then onto Fallujah). However, youth being what it is, he is convinced he needs one of the behemoth trucks (along the lines of a Ford F450), and that with diesel he will save a lot of money on fuel costs. Now he is 6'8" so he does need more room. But he sees no value in fuel conservation, and does (shock of shocks) ridicule the old man when he tells him he got 61.9 mpg on a tank. Kids, who needs them. But when he was home over Christmas and was driving my car, he actually toed the line because he could see the impact. Told me he doesn't like to drive my car because it reminds him of how much gas he is using. (Yet he still asked for it every night!).

I still have to convince the love of my life that it really is a good thing to record the mileage in GreenHybrid.com and that I am really not queer (not offence to anyone of course) for being so religious about it.

Mike

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
Congratulations! You sound like a really dedicated hybrid family; now if I could just convince my parents or my sister to get a hybrid, I could be just like you! (sigh--- if only)

If you bought them all from the same dealer, I would hope that you're getting a good discount. They must love you! Then again, that speaks really highly of the dealer, too- you wouldn't keep going back if they didn't give you good service and great value. Feel free to plug the dealer, in case there are other NY families looking for a dependable place to shop for a hybrid. I feel that good service and respect should be rewarded, don't you?

Best of luck with both the new and old HCHs!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Think green.

Hey, Michael...
Congrats on the 2 hybrids. I wish I could pull that one off, but I was lucky enough to be able to cajole my husband into trading in a Jeep Cherokee for the '04 HCH we recently bought.
(I too am 52, and a big fan of Robert Plant. I think his birthday was yesterday. Why I know such trivia, I will never know...)
Best of luck with your hybrids.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Gairwyn,

His 59th birthday was Aug 20, so you were only a couple of days off. Yeah, I know a lot of stupid but fun trivia too.

If you want to keep up with Led Zeppelin related news go to www.TightButLoose.co.uk - great site.

'All I ask for when I pray is a steady rollin' women gonna come my way.'

Mike
Originally Posted by Gairwyn
(I too am 52, and a big fan of Robert Plant. I think his birthday was yesterday. Why I know such trivia, I will never know...)
Best of luck with your hybrids.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Think green.

I was close. I always think of his birthday because it's one day before my aunt's. Or after...that's the part I forget.
I knew when I saw the name FourSticks that you must be a Zeppelin fan.

Haha..."steady rollin' woman". I think that's how I've been trying to drive ever since I got my hybrid.