Audio PC Card Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Audio PC Card Question

Ok, so here it what I gather:

If you want to play the podcast with video and all, you can't simply do that in the HCH II. There IS some way I've heard of splicing some wiring here or there or something to GET the NAV screen to play DVD's and stuff like that, but it was on an older Accord if I'm not mistaken. Also, thats for DVD's. You would need something else (some other kind of cables I assume) to play a video from any kind of standard device, like a laptop or an iPod.

Now, since I assume you want to LISTEN to it (which I read on the website that you can do), then yes, they will work. SO LONG as they're either mp3 or wma format. And seeing how its an Apple product, I highly doubt they'll use Windows Media format. I only say this because since I own neither iTunes nor an iPod, there COULD be a propietary format that Apple uses to publish its own content (similar to ATRAC-3, what Sony uses for its products). You would know better than I do.

Short answer: Yes, if its in mp3 format, download to the flashcard, pop the adaptor in with the card in it, and voila, done....podcasts.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:33 PM
YA RLY.

You should be able to select the files in iTunes, then drag them to a folder or a drive.

Just be sure that those files or MP3 or WMA files. If they are Apple's ALAC or AAC format files, then they will not play on the stereo.

Last edited by Sledge; 03-08-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:10 PM

Just what I was about to answer Sledge. I downloaded iTunes and played around with it, and yes, it seems that you can just drag and drop the files to the removable drive when plugged in. Though Sledge is right about ALAC and AAC files. BUT, there is a fix. Find any audio converting program, and it will convert it to mp3, or a host of other audio formats (I'm sure you would want to keep it in mp3 though). And there you are. Let me know if you need any help with that stuff, I'm somewhat of an audio nut when it comes to the comp. I have some programs that should work.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yep it worked. I found CostCo doesn't have the best price for CF card so I'll order it online later. However a couple of things:

1) If you have a laptop, you do not need the adapter AND the reader. You just need the adapter. It fits in the PCIMA slot of the laptop as well as the nav system.

2) If you're using iTunes, make sure the encoding in the options section is set to MP3 and not their (stupid) propietary format. I've purchased some music and it's now in "protected" AAC format. I am not sure how to change that but for now I can't listen to any of those through the card. However, I was able to convert my podcasts and music I've uploaded from CD very easily.

It works perfectly. I just need a bigger card. Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sledge
You should be able to select the files in iTunes, then drag them to a folder or a drive.

Just be sure that those files or MP3 or WMA files. If they are Apple's ALAC or AAC format files, then they will not play on the stereo.
Those pesky AAC files got you down? Burn yourself a regular CD using iTunes. Re-insert the CD into your PC's CD drive and have iTunes rip it AS AN MP3 into a DIFFERENT folder (so you won't over-write your folder of Apple format files).

Old 03-08-2006, 10:55 PM

Get a free program converter, I have tons if you want one. They'll convert from AAC to WHATEVER your heart desires.

If you have a laptop, simply get a plug with two males and plug STRAIGHT from the laptop to the input jack next to the ciggarette lighter. Thats what I did, and I played all the songs that were on there....

Old 03-09-2006, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by mexiken
Get a free program converter, I have tons if you want one. They'll convert from AAC to WHATEVER your heart desires.

If you have a laptop, simply get a plug with two males and plug STRAIGHT from the laptop to the input jack next to the ciggarette lighter. Thats what I did, and I played all the songs that were on there....
That's where I plug in my iPod. But I only use my iPod to listen to books. Any music or podcasts I want to keep on the card. This is because it's too difficult to navigate the iPod while I am driving. And songs and podcasts are too short for the trip so I'd be fooling around with them while driving. My books are long and therefore I can just hit play when I start out or pause when I want to listen to something on the card.

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I'll do the re-ripping to get the MP3 in iTunes of the music I can't convert from AAC.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:32 PM

Another question. I got a card and an adapter and it works. However, I can't seem to get music to play. I am transfering Podcasts as MP3s and they seem to work. The music (as MP3s also) just doesn't show up on the list screen. I've tried creating folders and moving things around. Nothing. Just the podcasts. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Old 03-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by HyMinded
Those pesky AAC files got you down? Burn yourself a regular CD using iTunes. Re-insert the CD into your PC's CD drive and have iTunes rip it AS AN MP3 into a DIFFERENT folder (so you won't over-write your folder of Apple format files).
OK, I figured it out. The ones that don't show up are the ones that are that stupid Apple format. I guess that is the last time I am purchasing songs from iTunes. What good is it if you can only listen to them on an iPod.

However, I will use this trick for the few that I have purchased.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:42 PM
YA RLY.

There is a way to convert AAC to MP3 in iTunes. You have to export the files to a CD (use a CDRW) and there is an option to convert to MP3. Then copy the MP3 files back to your computer.

If you don't want to bother with CDs, here's another method

http://www.bpurcell.org/blog/index.c...try&entry=1036

Last edited by Sledge; 03-21-2006 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Audio PC Card Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands