Audio PC Card Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Audio PC Card Question

Is there a limit of how big the card can be? I've read on another MB that some people couldn't get it to work with a card over 1G, others got it to work with up to a 2G, and then others arguing everything eles in between. I would like to buy the biggest card possible, but don't want to be stuck with a card that is too big that it doesn't work... Any one know for certain?

Old 03-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am using a 2G and it's working. The problem I was having was the format type.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast

So what format ended up working with the 2G?

Old 03-22-2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Utah
So what format ended up working with the 2G?
When I could not get it working, it was because I was trying to listen to music files that were encoded with Apple's proprietary format. Once I converted everything to MP3, it worked perfectly. The card size had nothing to do with the problems I was having. However, I can attest to the fact that a 2GB works in the Civic.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys, I bought a 2 gig card today along with the adaptor and reader/writer. Yeah it was a lot more expensive than burning CD's, but I'm pretty careless with my music so my CD's ALWAYS scratch. It drives me nuts... Haven't had a chance to play with it yet though, I'm planning on messing with it tonight. On a related note though, anyone know how to make the MP3 tags scroll? My old VW had a reciever in it that played MP3's and they would scroll across the unit revealing the whole song title. The Navi units in the HCH's don't seem to scroll... Anyway around this?

Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast

Sledge, just to ensure this is the write kind of card, this here would work correct?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1003363

If so, then I'm going to return my 2G to Best Buy and just buy this one instead. Just want to make sure first...

Old 03-23-2006, 08:34 PM

Wow, you sure you need a 4GB card? I bought the 2B Ulta II from TigerDirect for $90 and it works good. I do notice there is a buzzing noise but I am not sure if that is when it changes "tracks" or if there is something else I am missing.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I would use every bit of a 4. I'm in my car 3500 miles a month...

Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Enthusiast

Alright guys, I've been fooling with this for hours and still not working. I've loaded MP3's on to the disk several different ways, and still nothing is happening. I first tried with them with each album in a different folder, nothing, so I figured maybe the folders were messing with it, so I removed all folders and just left the songs, still nothing. The Navi doesn't even recognize there is a card inserted... Now I'm starting to think maybe my card reader is shot. Quick question for you guys, does your eject button for the card light up when the lights are on (like the CD eject button does)? Mine doesn't. Seems kinda strange that Honda would make the CD button illuminate, but not the Card button. Anyone wanna check that out for me?

Old 03-24-2006, 04:42 AM
YA RLY.

I don't see why a 4GB card wouldn't work.

Did you push the PCMCIA card in far enough? How about the compact flash card? It is a little stiff in my car so I have to push it in firmly.

Quick Reply: Audio PC Card Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands