Dark blue interior: different from the 2006 HCH brochure

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Dark blue interior: different from the 2006 HCH brochure

I'm interested in seeing a 2006 HCH with the dark blue interior - all I've been able to find so far are pictures posted on-line. However - when comparing pictures of the interior from a review article to the picture from the Honda Co. website (and in the brochure) - there appears to be distinct differences between the brochure versus what is being delivered. Check out the links below and note these differences:

- The center console, either side of shifter (brochure shows dark, review article shows light color)
- The seat backs/bolster (brochure shows dark, review article shows light color)
- Armrest between front seats (brochure shows light color, review article shows dark)
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Civic+Hybrid

http://hybridcars.about.com/od/honda...ichybrid_5.htm

I'm wondering if Honda modified the color scheme for the dark blue interior before production started - or after? The two-tone color scheme seems a bit unusual considering all the other Civic models are sold only in solid colors, as are most other cars. Does anyone else (other than my wife...!) find this two-tone interior to be a little unusual?

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dark blue interior: different from the 2006 HCH brochure

Either way it's ugly as sin. Want blue interior? Fine. Want beige interior? Fine. But make it one or the other. The two tone looks cheap and toy-like.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Enthusiast

I absolutely love it. I let my wife pick the color just as long as it came with the two-tone interior. If you can find one on a lot, I would look at it in person.

In regards to the pictures. The area around the shifter in a silver plastic. The armrest is the blue color as are the seat backs.

DKeane

Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 AM
YA RLY.

Blue interior > beige interior. It looks great

Old 02-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the blue interior and I absolutly love it!! The cloth on the center console is a blue color. The one thing I try to make sure of is that my hands are clean as there is that ivory cloth near the door handles/arm rest.

At first thought when I originally ordered the car, I was second guessing the color I chose due to the two tone interior. But now that I have seen it in person, I am glad I chose it.

Last edited by Mikeyt758; 02-02-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by Rogstar
The center console, either side of shifter (brochure shows dark, review article shows light color)
Light
- The seat backs/bolster (brochure shows dark, review article shows light color)
Light at the bottom, fabric on the top
- Armrest between front seats (brochure shows light color, review article shows dark)
Same fabric as the seats

What is showen in the article are the true colors

Old 02-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Vegetarian

I noticed in the pictures one is with navigation, the other is without. Could there be a difference between the two or is one picture just wrong/old?

Old 02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast

I have the interior with blue along with the navigation system and I can tell you this from my car, the armrest is in blue, top part of each door is in blue and bottom is in tan. Back of seats is in tan. Rear Deck is in tan but from dash is in blue. I wish they would of just done all blue instead of a mixture of both. I mean they have the interior of tan all solid, why didn't they do it to blue also.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast

I hope this pic helps. This is the interior on my blue/tan interior.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Rarely post anything

Eric's About.com article has the better (and more accurate) photo. The Honda photo shows an ivory-upholstered console - this is not what's in mine. Rather, mine is the same fabric / color as the seats.

To clarify some of the other postings - the seats themselves have a hard plastic shell on the back, which is ivory (beige) in color. But the sides are blue (in a different fabric texture), as are the bolsters, seat cushions / front seatbacks, and headrests.

Note on the door panels / armrest fabric, which is beige - Do NOT use any type of brush - even a soft nail brush - to clean the fabric with. You'll wind up ruining the nap of the fabric. It's a very 'cheap' cloth - one of my few complaints with the car.

My drivers' door armrest looks so terrible now, I want to find an upholstery shop to get some of the seat fabric and have all four door panels redone in that color. Everywhere else that can be 'touched' by your body is in blue (seats, carpet, mats, console cover) - except for the door panels / armrests.

That's expressly why I bought the MagPearl - it looked better with the blue interior than the Alabaster silver, and a car with the ivory interior was a non-negotiable item with me. I would have taken a Navi-equipped car before an Ivory interior. So I vote 'thumbs up' on the two-tone. I just wish they carried the theme to ALL of the fabric-covered surfaces.

The part I find 'ugly' is the multiple colors used the interior plastics - I'm seeing blue, beige, black. Then we have beige door panels, and a blue-grey headliner (at least it looks that way to my 42-year-old eyes).

But I'd still pick the two-tone blue interior, even given the complaints above.

Quick Reply: Dark blue interior: different from the 2006 HCH brochure

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands