Help! HCH issues with 12v charging and potentially something else.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast
Question Help! HCH issues with 12v charging and potentially something else.

Hey guys,
Initially I wasn't going to post as there was already so much information that I could find on the internet, however I'm now stumped. I own a 2006 honda civic hybrid
-Symptoms-
  • Car runs normally up until the 12v gets less than 12 volts after that there is
    • flashing in the electronics
    • no power steering
    • shaking if it is kept driving on low volts
  • driving with the red battery light and the ima light results in
    • no assistance to the motor
    • jerky driving
-The Prior Situation-

The red battery light is on as well as the Ima light. I think it is due to the fact that the 12v is not charging. So, in doing research and learning that the battery currently in the vehicle is good, I thought that the problem was in the DC-DC converter.

-The Current Situation-

After receiving the "new" DC-DC converter I put it in the vehicle. Afterwards, I turned it on and it seemed to have worked. There was not a Red battery light or the IMA light. The charge of the 12v before turning the car on was 11.68 after letting it idle for a few minutes it went up to 12.68. So, the car charged the 12v like it is supposed to do. HOWEVER, after a few hours I decided to try and test drive the vehicle. As soon as I got out of the driveway the red battery light and IMA light came on just as before. So I immediately put it back in the driveway. Checking the 12v it read 11.somthing, again, not being charged by the vehicle. I tried to just turn on the vehicle and let it idle like it did before, but the light came on as soon as I started the vehicle and it didn't charge it in idle like before.

Where could the problem lie and how come it worked for a few minutes charging the 12v only to just stop. It seems to only charge the 12v when idling, when driven the Red battery light and the IMA light come on. Is it a battery problem? Or potentially something else that blew? Inverter?

The only code I'm getting is P1570 one stored and one pending

Thank you in advance.

​​​​​​​