Question about stopping

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:12 AM
hyperactive enthusiast
Default Re: Question about stopping

I often coast into my driveway in neutral and my 2005 cvt autostops- I turn the key off, and shift to park without re-starting the car. if you shift at all from auto stop- to neutral or park, it restarts. seems ridiculous to me to shift to park from autostop and restart just to turn the car off. I may be singing a different tune in 40k miles if I find out it does something to the transmission. so far- seems just fine.
I've tried the turn off ice and re-boot technique a couple times, I don't really like it- I feel unsafe with all the back and forth manual technique from shift lever to key switch, and concern over speed when kicking cvt back in. I think I'll just stick with coasting in neutral. boy- the car sure will coast a while!

Old 04-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about stopping

Originally Posted by KLCarch
if you shift at all from auto stop- to neutral or park, it restarts.
on my 04 civic hybrid, i can shift from D to N during auto-stop without causing the engine to restart - maybe they changed this for the 05