Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

An Early Retirement For The Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default An Early Retirement For The Hydrogen Fuel Cell

This will be interesting to those thinking ahead to hydrogen fuel cell cars. Apparently it will be some other kind of fuel cell.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/energy.../message/92573

Old 07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Engineering first
Talking Re: An Early Retirement For The Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Originally Posted by xoham
This will be interesting to those thinking ahead to hydrogen fuel cell cars. Apparently it will be some other kind of fuel cell.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/energy.../message/92573
Finally, some common sense is starting to show up! Still, I think air-metal cells are really the way to go but then I'm funny that way.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: An Early Retirement For The Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Still, I think air-metal cells are really the way to go but then I'm funny that way.

Bob Wilson
Good to know. I used to do heavy metal air guitar in high school 20 years ago. I bet it's similar, huh?

Old 07-14-2006, 04:04 AM

"By laws of physics, hydrogen economy can never compete with an electron economy".

Finally, the world seems to have woken up to the obvious! Why throw away 75% of the energy you worked so hard to make?

Old 07-14-2006, 04:07 AM

Oh wait, I like this one even better!

"Physics cannot be replaced by wishful thinking, or changed by presidential initiatives"

I wonder if GM are still ignoring the physics of hydrogen?

Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by clett
Oh wait, I like this one even better!

"Physics cannot be replaced by wishful thinking, or changed by presidential initiatives"

I wonder if GM are still ignoring the physics of hydrogen?

Of course, they're working on the Warp Drive to the moon!

Old 07-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

The worst part is the billions of dollars GM has squandered driving to develop cars based on this technology. If that money had been spent on realistic alternatives such as hybrid technology, the U.S. may have been in a leadership position (at least from a technology perspective) by now. Embarrassing. And we continue to reward their stupidity with our own by continuing to purchase gas guzzlers from them. Takes one to know one.

It's amazing the level of unbridled selfishness Americans exhibit. Fed by the greed of the 80's, capped by the dot-com hysteria of the 90's. Wake up people. It's the era of global responsibility...

Old 07-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by hsolo142
The worst part is the billions of dollars GM has squandered driving to develop cars based on this technology. If that money had been spent on realistic alternatives such as hybrid technology, the U.S. may have been in a leadership position (at least from a technology perspective) by now. Embarrassing. . . .
GW's hydrogen program was used to defund Al Gore's "High Mileage Vehicle" program. The last year, it included hybrids from all US manufacturers including a hydraulic hybrid pickup truck, an opportunity lost.

When you find yourself in a hole, the first step is to stop digging.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
When you find yourself in a hole, the first step is to stop digging.
I guess you know when to stop digging when you can longer see the light coming in from the top of the hole.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by hsolo142
I guess you know when to stop digging when you can longer see the light coming in from the top of the hole.
Don't forget that management and pundits are standing on the shoulders of the workers, directing the digging of the hole and claiming that not enough progress is being made because of the worker's health-care, benefits and pay.

Bob Wilson

Quick Reply: An Early Retirement For The Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands