Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Japan's Toyota Prius Cup

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Engineering first
Default Japan's Toyota Prius Cup

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...REEN/302029998

With steely stares and clenched hands, the drivers peer from their crash helmets as the race marshal slowly raises the green flag. Then the flag drops.
And they're off! But with deafening silence and snaillike lethargy. The field of Prius hybrids inches from the line to start the race.

No roaring engines, no squealing tires--and no wonder. The so-called Prius Cup pits Japan's Toyota dealerships against one another in a contest of gas mileage and crew service--not speed.
. . .
Sounds like I've imagined the HybridFest driving contest ... "deafening silence." <grins>

Bob Wilson

Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Japan's Toyota Prius Cup

I love the concept of getting dealerships to compete. Let's them learn things about these cars they'd never find out otherwise.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Japan's Toyota Prius Cup

That's great, I wish I could have been there. It's too bad that most people in the U.S. don't have the patience for these types of events, or maybe they do and we just need to get started. I'd like to see a smart car race, though that might be a bit dangerous if there were collisions.