Nah Test Data

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Insipid Enthusiast
Default Re: Nah Test Data

The photo was taken in my garage and i had just turned on the car. My ice does not come on for about 5-10 seconds after depressing the button when it is cold. Is that unusual? Normally I back out of the garage and the ice does not come on until I put it into drive to go forward, (although if I back out really slow or stop, the ice does eventually come on). When the engine is warm I can usually start and go on EV until the demand for the ice arises. As far as your tank level question, the gauge usually goes up once the ice is on for a few minutes. Incidentally, if I am monitoring the mile range gauge, the miles also increase after a few minutes after start up. I think (not sure) that as the fuel sloshes around or warms up that it somehow expands or increases tank pressure??? I don't have an answer for that. Right now my fuel level is showing slightly above half and I have traveled 441 miles. My mpg has gone down to 45.8 due to the recent storms, flooding and high wind situations we experienced. The mileage range is showing 320 remaining but I think, according to some posts, that I can travel an additional 100 miles after it reaches zero or ---. What state do you live in, what are the ambient temps?

Old 05-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheSpoils
The photo was taken in my garage and i had just turned on the car

The mileage range is showing 320 remaining but I think, according to some posts, that I can travel an additional 100 miles after it reaches zero or ---.

What state do you live in, what are the ambient temps?
--
Ahh, that explains it. Yes, I am pretty sure its normal, 5-10 seconds before the ice comes on when you first turn on the car when its still cold.

--
Not quite 100 extra miles. Its an extra 2 gallons, and how many miles you get out of them, is up to you =D

--
I am in cali, and primarily hot, though lately its been hot/cold/hot/cold in like week long cycles which is considered pretty odd weather for around here.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

I always have almost 4 gallons after the countdown, however I have never been higher then 38 MPG and I have never had a countdown larger then 600.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Insipid Enthusiast

I agree that cold weather is one of the biggest hurdles for hybrids. Pretty sure that extremely hot weather can't be good either although I have not had the car long enough to drive in summer heat. In regards to the count down, I have been able to maintain about 721 range for this tank to date. I will post a photo of my miles range at the next fill up, curious to see if it will achieve a record number for me.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast

I just hit 759 miles in one tank full. I was averaging 41.4 mpg according to the computer and hand calculated it at 40.8. I still could only put in 18.6 gallons. But the gauge was below E and I got chicken to go any further. I bet I could have hit 800 miles. My mileage is up since the warmer weather

Old 05-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Insipid Enthusiast

Mag19, that may be one of the top mile ranges I have seen on the NAH database. ECO Altima had some similar tanks in his log. I have been completely chicken about continuing too far after reaching the last quarter tank. Only recently, have I started driving until the mile range showed "---". Congrats on your nice range. Hope you don't mind some friendly competition, I will be trying to surpass your tank range. What kind of modifications / techniques are you using to attain that? (psi, p&g, fuel brand etc...)

Last edited by TheSpoils; 05-17-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

My best was 709 miles, but I still had 2.7 gal left. I could have made 800 miles on that, easily, but I didn't want to risk it (and the car was new enough that I wasn't very confident of how accurate the gas gauge was).

Old 05-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Enthusiast

I have made no modifications. I fill my tank to it's fullest capacity and then drive. Here are my other results:
723 miles 18.6 gallons 38.9 mpg
743 miles 18.2 gallons 40.8 mpg
719 miles 18.0 gallons 39.9 mpg
All of these results have been achieved during the spring/summer months. I have found that I can easily go another 75 miles after the --- comes up on the screen. However, I am a little nervous of running out of gas. Here are the mileage amounts I am getting according to the gas gauge:
250 miles with 3/4 tank left; 450 miles miles with 1/2 tank left; 625 miles with 1/4 tank left.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Insipid Enthusiast
Red face Re: Nah Test Data

OK time to stop the worry of running out of fuel. My first 800 mile tank. display meter off by a few mpg. Not my best mpg, but certainly my best tank total. PS. i did bring a gas can in the trunk, just in case.
See my photo at: http://www.thespoils.8m.com/photo2.html

Old 05-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Spoilers...that is fantastic. Is that just recent? What is the percent of city vs highway? I have done 450 miles with half a tank left. I have gone over 600 but have been scared to go further without fill-up.

Quick Reply: Nah Test Data

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands